Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, March 20, 2008

I know it's been quite awhile, so I thought I'd just put up a short list of things I've learned in recent weeks:
  • I may be (suddenly) be lactose intolerant. If it’s true, while I’ll miss it, giving up dairy will be easier than I thought it would be (says the girl who up until now will and does eat just about anything).
  • One exception (for now) – I do miss half-and-half in my coffee, even though I was going to give that up for the most part anyway (since I’m drinking coffee on a daily basis again, thanks to a new coffee maker at work).
  • Milk chocolate with bits of bacon in it is not as bad as it sounds, though it’s not great, either (to me it mostly tastes like good milk chocolate tinged with salt and fat, though occasionally you do get a mouthful of bacon).
  • The way you present data is just as important as what data you present. And, presenting more data does not mean you are making things more confusing.
  • Unfortunately, I’m not sure how well this resonates with the company I work for.
    I’m not sure where a lot of the music on my iPod came from.
  • I love Firefox, but hate that it signs me out of EVERYTHING, particularly my checking account (okay, that’s not a recent revelation, I’m cheating). I don’t need it to store passwords or anything, but could it just remember my ATM card number when I ask it to? I don’t have that memorized.
  • I am having a tough time figuring out what forgiveness means. Of course this only becomes an issue when it’s something BIG, right? I wonder if I’ve been looking at it the wrong way, though. Instead of, will I ever understand someone’s actions and be okay with them (the answer to that is no), or, is this relationship repairable or has it been irreversibly broken (I think it’s the latter), maybe I should be thinking, am I a better person because of what I have been through (I think I am), and, have I learned something about myself from all of this (I think I have). My general impatience does not make this any easier.
It's Restaurant Week here in Boston and I'll try to get a review up of the restaurants I ate at (five in total, including dinner out tomorrow). I was also sent to a seminar a few weeks ago, and I'd love to talk about that, I just haven't felt like writing lately. And I go to Atlanta next week! I'm definitely looking forward to a few days off and an opportunity to play tourist and eat (hopefully mostly non-dairy) Southern food!

- Lizzardie, at 5:54 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com