Words of Lizzardie




Saturday, December 01, 2007

Two good things happened yesterday: I got my iPod working again (using this method - it's amazing how despite all the technology we have, sometimes a screwdriver and a business card are all you need to fix something) and I won some yarn (I know, I know, this is not my knitting blog, but sometimes it's the little things). The working iPod is particularly exciting both because it's been broken for about a year, and it has music on it that's not on my computer. Must figure out a way to fix that.

I have not been feeling the blog love lately, I'm not sure why. I often think ohh, I should write about this or that, but just haven't been able to get myself to do it. Add it to a long list of things I've been putting off because it seems that I don't want to actually live my life (live as in do things other than watch television and knit, not in the literal breathe sense - I'm just unmotivated). But hey, since I declared today no-television Saturday, why not give some of these things a shot.

Several weeks ago, I saw Ani DiFranco in concert (again, this was #4 for me, and I realized that all of the shows I've been to have been in the month of November; even the show I had tickets to but could not attend was in November). The opening act was slam poet Buddy Wakefield - he did four poems, which was "just enough" - I enjoyed those four but probably wouldn't have enjoyed a fifth. And then... something interesting happened. They brought out a presidential candidate - Congressman Dennis Kucinich. I ended up at a mini-political rally totally accidentally! He talked mostly about the environment and our dependence on foreign oil, which was interesting, but isn't enough to make me vote for him or go and volunteer for his campaign in New Hampshire (I also think his assertion that he's only a couple of points out of fourth place there to be a little bit of a stretch). Now, I MIGHT have changed my mind after seeing him playing the tambourine during the first encore, "Little Plastic Castle." It's not everyday that you see your next potential president jamming with Ani. In addition to that song, we also heard "Both Hands", "Gravel", "The Atom", "78% Water", "Landing Gear" and others. Ani was aware of what she played at last year's Boston show because of the bootleg disc that came out (I have both the disc and attended the show), so it was nice to hear a different set of songs, but still hear some of my favorites. The mezzanine seats in the Orpheum were amazing, but a little shaky.

That's a start to being caught up here. I won't promise to be better, but there are things I want to write about, so who knows.

- Lizzardie, at 12:14 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com