Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, September 13, 2007

I leave for Italy tonight! Crazy!

I'm hoping to keep a journal (written, of course - no phone or internet, I hope, until I return the night of the 24th) of my travels, so there will be that and photos when I return.

Before I go, though, I wanted to write briefly about the past couple of weekends so that I'm all caught up!

First, Labor Day weekend was spent in the Poconos at Rob's family's house. I put photos up on Flickr just now (uhh, I didn't even edit or sort through them, sorry, no time), and I wish I had time to say more about the weekend... BUT... I had a fantastic time. Seriously, the summer really sucked for me, for a number of reasons, and seeing some of my friends that I hardly ever get to see was a huge help. I feel so much better since going there - it was totally relaxing and I had an amazing time. I hope everyone else did, too. It even made my want to visit New York City, and I HATE going there - how crazy is that?

Last weekend was fun, too. Chris and Dana were in town for a wedding, so we went out to dinner at Sunset in Allston. My coworker loves to take her first dates here.... I'm not sure if it's that sort of place for me, but they do have a lot of beer, and the food was tasty (I got a "sausage sampler" - how could I pass that up???). On Sunday, we met in Boston, had lunch in the North End (why don't I do this more often? We sat by the big open windows, the portions were still huge and it's much less expensive than dinner), saw a parade go by, and then walked to and from Newbury Street for some shopping. And, of course, Dana and I made Chris pose for a picture in a lobster hat (or two) at the Best of Boston store - see one of them here. Hope we didn't scare him off from Boston too much, but he had his revenge by making Dana and I stop in not one but TWO cemeteries along the Freedom Trail (and we're not fans of anything along the Freedom Trail).

All right, that's all! Talk to you when I return from my fabulous vacation! :-D

- Lizzardie, at 2:56 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com