Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, August 16, 2007

I stopped posting meme-type things a long time ago, and I'm not about to start up again now. But my friends do post them, and I do participate on their blogs when I feel like it. Kathy had one up last week with song lyrics, which is not my forte, but I did recognize the Ani DiFranco lyrics. And THAT made me look up tour dates.

No, Ani is not coming back to Boston anytime soon, nor will she be anyplace I will be when I'm there (she will be in Italy at some point this fall, but not at the same time as me). But! She put out a CD from the concert I did go to at the Orpheum last November. Since it was only $10, I had to get it (and another one of her CDs, which are pretty reasonably priced with cheap shipping from her record label). It arrived yesterday, a whole four days after I ordered it - nice.

I've been listening to the CDs at work today, and I gotta say, this is WEIRD. Yes, I'm enjoying the music, and I have other CDs of Ani live, but I was at this concert. Except... I don't quite remember everything. So it's a very strange feeling, listening to a couple hours of music/chatter that you actually experienced, exactly this way (except I was in the balcony of the Orpheum sitting in a seat with a loose spring that ripped my cordoroy pants, but those are minor details). But as strange as it is, I am loving it, and I wish she would put out a CD from the concert I went to the next day in Providence, because that was such a fun concert combination of fun - some overlap, but a lot of the older classics (as "classic" as Ani is) appeared in one concert or the other, which was phenomenally good. Yes, a Providence CD would make me very happy.

The production on the CD is very good, by the way. It is of course a live recording, but they did a good job of filtering out the singing of the crowd, which is great AT the concert, but maybe not what you want on a recording.

The only bad thing about the CD is that it's making me relive the emotions I experienced the weekend of the concerts. I was very anxious about, and ended up partly dealing with, something that weekend, and those issues have led to some of the recent turmoil in my life. But I guess that's how life goes sometimes.

- Lizzardie, at 12:24 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com