Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I guess it's time for an update?

It's Restaurant Week here in Boston. I have been hoping for years that my birthday would fall during Restaurant Week, and this year it did... except I had a lot of trouble getting excited about it. However, I finally got my act together, and made a reservation at Harvest in Harvard Square - Jeff, Kristen, Cheryl, Steph, Kathy, Corinne and Ron joined me, and I had a nice time - the company was good and the food and wine were wonderful. I had an heirloom tomato salad, some pork dish which was good but I couldn't tell you what was with it, and a dark chocolate custard (panna cotta, maybe?). I went with the half glass wine pairing, which included a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (quickly becoming my favorite white wine, if you can believe such a thing exists), a German Reisling and the Banfi red-colored raspberry-infused sparkling wine (which I've had several times). Before dinner I had a cocktail that was called a Ruby Red, but I think it was mostly orange flavored.

I also went out to Pigalle in the Theatre district on Saturday with my roommate and her friends Angie and Chris, and this evening I went to Eastern Standard in Kenmore Square with Corinne, Ron and some of their friends. At Pigalle, I had duck liver terrine, crispy half duckling and a lemon tart with blueberries, all of which I enjoyed very much. The wine we chose was a red Burgundy. And at Eastern Standard, we found out that they were not offering a dinner menu for Restaurant Week, but we went ahead with the reservation anyway. We split a cheese platter as an appetizer, and then I had veal schnitzel, which was really tasty. Thanks to the Pigalle and Eastern Standard meals, I have developed quite a taste for sparkling water - that stuff is really delicious.

Friday ended up being the perfect day to use many of my birthday presents. Kathy got me a "Remover of Obstacles" candle, which has a picture of Ganesh on it. Jeff and Kristen gave me a tea set (with a tea pot and little tea cups), which is great because I've been wanting one for awhile, and this one is beautiful. And Steph gave me rose petal-infused black tea and two types of chocolate - lavender and blueberries, and dark chocolate. These were quite complimentary gifts, and all by people who don't know each other! I guess they know me, though. Since it was so cool on Friday, I lit my candle and drank my new tea out of my new teapot. My other presents included an electronic translator from my parents and an Italian travel book and map from Kim - those will come in handy very soon. :-)

The apartment is coming together, all though it's quite a mess. We finally have curtains up in the dining room, and it only took me two years! I've also started to drink more wine - my tolerance seems to have gone out the window the last several months, and I want to make sure I can drink as much wine as I want when I go to Italy (I leave in less than a month!).

Otherwise, work sucks, and there's a lot of it. There's talk of a potential promotion in my future, but I'm not holding my breath. Committing myself to staying for six months might not have been my best idea ever - it didn't seem like so long when I decided that's what I was going to do, but it's only been four, and those have been excruciating. I gotta figure out what to do at some point, but I'm so not motivated right now.

I'm looking forward to a couple of adventures, I guess you might say, in the coming weeks, so at least there's that. This weekend I'm going to the Highland Games in Maine with Kristen, Cheryl and Kim. Then Labor Day weekend will be the annual trip to the Poconos, which I'm really looking forward to. Plus Italy. If I get my way, next week will be my last full week of work until October, and THAT is definitely something to look forward to.

This entry has only served to remind to me to look forward to things. It's sad that I need so many reminders lately. :-/

- Lizzardie, at 11:38 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com