Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Here's a short list (uhh, two items count as a list, right?) of things that have caught my attention today:

25 Hottest Schools - Cornell might be tied for 12th on U.S. News & World Reports annual list of America's Best Colleges 2008, but Newsweek says we're the "Hottest Ivy" and, well, I can't say I disagree. :-) I was about two sentences in when I glanced at the picture, and noticed it was the A.D. White Library at my distinguished alma mater (of course, I couldn't remember the NAME of said library, but I knew it was of a Cornell location!). It made the rest of the article that much more interesting.

passiveagressivenotes.com - Uhh, the name of this one sort of says it all. I think we all have our moments of passive aggressiveness, but some of these are downright hysterical. I particularly enjoyed this one (as did the site readers, it seems) about a guy demanding $76 for the storage of a futon for 10 days, after moving into an apartment 2 days early. In the comments, the original poster weighs in, as does his ex-girlfriend, real life friend, mom and someone pretending to be his dad.

I have photos from the Maine Highland Games that were this past weekend, but I am right now too lazy to put my photos online or write about the weekend. Maybe later this week.

- Lizzardie, at 5:43 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com