Words of Lizzardie




Monday, July 02, 2007

Weekend was very low key - my roommate was away and I was home by myself the whole time. This is probably pretty good, because I was in a really crappy mood on Friday, and the me time is always helpful. Plus, I got a lot done! I cleaned the kitchen (dishes, counters, swept the floor), swept and washed the floor in the bathroom, did laundry, straightened up the living room, and swept the dining room and the living room. Plus, there was cooking/baking: I made two batches of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (some with and some without pecans - turns out the pecans don't really add anything to the cookie - they don't take anything away, but they don't add anything), espresso ice cream (Ina Garten's recipe), Monte Cristos (I had wanted to get one if we'd found a diner last Saturday night in NJ, but alas, diners were evading us) and a BLT. There was going to be my chicken couscous salad as well, but I never got around to it, and that's okay - I'll make it tonight. Plus, knitting (of course) and I finally started making my way through my DVDs of The West Wing (I'm a little more than halfway through the first season). My landlord also came by to fix the sink and he helped me install my air conditioner correctly (turns out I had no idea what I was doing) - and I informed him of the mouse problem, so hopefully if everyone is trying to combat it, they'll go away (I've taken care of 4 so far). Oh, oh, and I also did a small amount of (job) work.

Phew! One other thing is that I downloaded Demetri's pictures from Scott and Julie's wedding, which led to me downloading pictures from Jeff and Kristen's wedding (yeah, I'm really behind - while I'm at it, I should go back and see if I can still download pictures from Adam and Catherine's wedding, which was 3 years ago). Those pictures, combined with Kathy finally passing on this link (I have linked directly to the picture, instead of the array of photos, so you don't have to scan through looking for someone you know/me) made me realize this:

Photos of me are only taken at weddings and baseball games.

I may have to create an album somewhere.

This week will probably be interesting, what with work picking up because it's July and the holiday right in the middle of the week. I'm going on some pirate tour of the Boston Harbor (really, that's all I know, wish I could tell you more at this point) with Kathy tomorrow night, which should be fun, and then maybe a birthday party on Friday. Maybe more apartment cleaning (next up: my room!) this weekend, if work doesn't interfere.

By the way, if you want to take some of the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies off my hands, please let me know - I do not want to eat them all myself (two batches equal approximately 9 dozen cookies).

- Lizzardie, at 9:43 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com