Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, July 11, 2007

For some reason, I've had an incredible urge to bake lately. I don't know why. It's summer, which means it's warm and baking is, well, not the thing to do. But it's summer, and fruit is in season, so that' s what I want to do - bake with fresh fruit. Plus I've deprived myself of most sweets, so I need to make my own.

Last night I made a blueberry clafouti (because I knew you were going to ask) - this is what you do when blueberries are buy 1 pint, get 2 free. :-) Next week, I might make a blueberry pie, if blueberries are still on sale. I made one three years ago, and haven't made one since, but they are super easy (if you are like me, and don't know how to make pie crust, and have no desire to learn). Last night, I also made more espresso ice cream "batter" (I'm not sure what you'd call this - it's the concoction you put in the ice cream maker, otherwise known as unfrozen, or "melted" ice cream). I'll freeze it when I get home tonight.

The other exciting thing that happened yesterday is that I got my new car insurance policy. This probably doesn't sound exciting to you, but it is to me - my premium was cut in half, due to incidents from September and November 2001 FINALLY coming off of my record. This puts me one step closer to being able to buy a new car (next year, maybe? I think that's what I'm aiming for right now - sometime in 2008).

I am STILL waiting for some scripts to finish running at work so that I may get to MY work. My frustration grows every minute. This is ridiculous and not conducive to creating happy employees (I'm not sure that any exist right now).

- Lizzardie, at 12:05 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com