Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Whatever it was that made me feel so terrible for five days seems to have passed, though I am still pretty damn tired. That is less unusual, though.

Because I was sick, though, I have very little to report. I spent pretty much five solid days on my couch. I stayed home Wednesday and Thursday, and then managed to get myself into work on Friday - only to leave after lunch time (four hours is a respectable day, right?). I skipped Kim's Sushi Party on Saturday, because I was pretty certain I would have a lousy time (and I didn't want to risk contaminating anyone). I did a lot of knitting (shocker).

Yesterday I did have a fantastic time catching a mouse. My roommate and I decided to at least initially use catch-and-release traps for our exterminating needs. These are the stupidest traps ever, but I put them out Sunday night anyway, pretty certain no mouse would be dumb enough to fall for them, even for some delicious peanut butter. Yesterday morning, one of the traps was closed, but it felt light, and again, are the mice really that dumb? I opened it up and a mouse was staring at me! Yikes! That thing got closed pretty quickly (and I screamed, I'll admit it). So, despite running late, I took the trap outside, ready to free my new little friend. Apparently, he liked that trap, though, because he wouldn't leave! Really? I buy traps that cause no harm, and then bring the poor thing out into the sunshine, and he does not want to leave his small little cage? I should have just killed him. Not knowing what to do, I brought the trap back inside (I had to get to work and could not quickly think of a way to keep the trap open). My coworkers think I'm insane. Luckily, all day in that dark, tiny space seemed to freak the mouse out enough, because he seemed to be shaking when I picked the trap up after work. I waited until dark, and he pretty quickly fled the trap. Unfortunately, he fled straight towards the house, so I'm sure he'll find his way in again (there's got to be some opening that allows them to come in through the basement - I wonder if it's just a reality of living on the first floor of an old house). We might have to kill the rodents, after all.

Today was a department lunch to celebrate the end of the reporting period. We all had some sort of drink with lunch (Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc for me, to go with my Calypso Shrimp) and split a dessert eight ways. Very strange to be having a drink during the work day like that. Apparently we're planning to start cocktail hour really early on Friday, which will be fun.

It looks like Saturday could involve a trip to Providence to see Kathy's exhibits, with other guests and festivities. Should be fun. I otherwise have no Memorial Day Weekend plans right now.

Life otherwise feels pretty dull lately. Not sure if it's just a lull, or me feeling kinda down, being sick or something else. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

- Lizzardie, at 4:27 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com