Words of Lizzardie




Monday, May 07, 2007

This weekend was rather dull, but I did manage to get a few things done that had been on my list forever....

First, I submitted my passport application. I am not sure why this was causing me so much stress, because it was rather painless. I went to the Somerville Post Office and I think it took all of 5 minutes. It has been the one thing that has really held me back from wanting to do international travel, and, um, I'm not sure why. Anyhow, I should have my passport in 6-10 weeks.

I also broke down the giant box in my kitchen from my wine fridge. Again, this might not seem like much of an accomplishment, but that box had been sitting there for over a year. Yikes. I replaced the box with the wine fridge, so it now sits right next to my roommate's wine fridge, and makes us look like alcoholics. This may not be so far from the truth - Saturday night I drank an entire bottle of Chianti on my own, and I wasn't even trying to. At one point, I went to pour myself another glass, and realized there was only one glass left in the bottle, so I might as well finish it. Ahh well.

And some of you may remember me talking about donating all of my loose change to charity. Well, it took several months, but I finally got around to taking all of the change to a Coinstar machine (also a ridiculously easy errand, given that they are in every grocery store I go to). Here is what $10.36 looks like in pennies:

$10.36



And here's what $75.90 looks like in quarter, dimes, nickels and a single dollar coin:


$75.90



So a total of $86.26 went to the American Red Cross from approximately 2 years (maybe a little less) of my pocket change.

So nothing terribly exciting this weekend (I did go out for a couple of glasses of wine last night, making me not quite a total hermit) but things got done and that's fine by me.

- Lizzardie, at 10:50 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com