Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, April 15, 2007

Everyone (okay, not everyone, but some people) keeps asking me how my new roommate is. I've thus far told everyone that she's fine, no complaints, loves wine, etc... BUT, I have a new answer - she's amazing. I really feel like I've found a new friend (or even more new friends in hers).

Last night she hosted a wine tasting. She found 3 Malbecs, which we tried blind and then unveiled.

They were:

2004 Sabato (95% Malbec, 5% Cabernet Franc, Mendoza Argentina, $22)
2003 Le Petit Clos (75% Malbec, 20% Merlot, 5% Tannat, Cahors, France, $16-20)
2005 High Altitude (65% Malbec, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, Agrelo, Mendoza, Argentina, $8)

She was really hoping to identify the French one, which most of us were not able to do! My favorite was the Sabato, which she's going to buy another bottle of (she works at a wine/liquor store in Beacon Hill, have I mentioned that?).

I also bought cheeses that were supposed to go well with Malbec:

Parmigiano Reggiano
Manchego
Reblochon
Epoisses

(The Parmigiano Reggiano and Manchego were fantastic, as expected, the Reblochon was pretty good and the Epoisses was... interesting.)

It was a small crowd - just her, me, and two of her friends, Angie and Casey. They were really sweet - they arrived at about 6pm, we ordered a ton of Chinese food, ate, drank, gossiped, had a great time (Casey works with Sara, who is Corinne's roommate's girlfriend and went to high school with Corinne, too). It was so much fun, and so necessary for me, given that I've been pretty down lately.

The best part: Steph (roommate) is planning on going to Italy in September, looking for travel buddies and is really pushing me to go with her. I am so excited. I haven't been this excited about a potential vacation (or about the vacation my parents gave me) ever. She wants to do an organized tour that would be just for 21-38 year olds and cover a good chunk of Italy - what do you think? Part of my is apprehensive about going with group, but if I'm with someone I know, that would help. Also, in planning a trip to Italy, I would be totally overwhelmed - it would be nice if the first time I went I got to have the trip planned for me (because I'm pretty certain I'll want to go back). Plus, she did this sort of thing in Greece last year, trusts the tour company and says you do get to have some time to yourself. This could be a lot of fun. :-)

So yeah, very happy with my new roommate right now. :-P

- Lizzardie, at 11:55 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com