Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I've been negligent. It's not that I haven't thought about posting. It's that I've been so busy and so tired in the last few weeks that it just hasn't happened. I've stayed up tonight to watch the Bears beat St. Louis, and need to go to bed, but here's a brief "review" of the last two weeks:

  • I put up my Christmas tree and decorations, including my Nativity.
  • I placed third in my work's Texas Hold'em Tournament to benefit the United Way (yeah, definitely should have done better, given that we played with my chips and I helped with the rules, but it was for a good cause!)
  • I went on an off-site retreat to Bretton Woods (which is where the Mt. Washington Hotel is, where the Bretton Woods Agreements, establishing the World Bank, among other things, were signed in 1944) with my coworkers. We stayed in a lovely condo, and spent most of the time drinking.
  • My first project for work finished! And I was immediately placed on a new project - this one involves modeling in Excel, which I'm enjoying more than I thought I would.
  • I won at poker this past Wednesday (making up for losing the work tournament, and then losing $29 more on the off-site)!
  • Dan came to visit! We had a wine & cheese Friday night (where Jeff threatened my Nativity), saw Body Worlds 2 on Saturday, and had a Champagne brunch and did some exploring in Providence on Sunday. We are now officially over Body Worlds.
  • I went to my work holiday party Saturday night at Brasserie Jo (which also has a location in Chicago!). Delicious French red wine (offered to me as red wine, which you all know I'm skeptical of), yummy appetizers, loafs in French bread in paper bags, and a four course meal (with one of the best steaks I've had in a long time) made for a surprising fun night (said only because I've spent A LOT of time with my coworkers lately).
  • Enough Christmas knitting to make me want to kill myself.

And that's the short summary. The Christmas knitting has really been taking up all of my spare time, but I should make the deadline in 2 weeks and then hopefully I can slow down a little (and, I don't know, clean my apartment maybe? spend more time with friends? sleep?). But for now, I'm not allowed to think about that, and need to focus on the task at hand! More knitting (and I can't wait until I can show pictures again)!


- Lizzardie, at 12:22 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com