Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, December 19, 2006

How I resolved the Great Needle Disaster of December 2006:

Monday night: Place order online at Knit Picks for new US 1 circulars (2 sets). Also purchase US 0 circular (just in case). Add some yarn to purchase to make me feel better. Pay $14 in expedited shipping so that the package will arrive before I leave for Chicago.

Tuesday morning: Purchase yarn from Sunshine Yarns in Harry Potter dragon colors (also to make me feel better).

Tuesday noon: Walk with Corinne to Windsor Button in Downtown Crossing. They have Susan Bates US 1 circulars and Clover double points, but they are the wrong size (there's a weird sizing issue with the 1's - mine are 2.5mm, some are 2.25mm which won't work for me right now).

Tuesday afternoon: Call Knit & Needlepoint on Newbury Street to find they have the same needles as Windsor Button. Call Newbury Yarns (also on Newbury Street) - they have Addi Turbos! I'm saved!

Tuesday afternoon, 10 minutes later: Walk to Newbury Yarns to purchase new needles. Have a much more relaxed work day (though I wish I'd put on my walking shoes for the quick jaunt).

Tuesday night: Work on part 12 of 12 of the Christmas project. Feel good about the fact that there are not one but THREE yarn/knitting stores within walking distance of work. Try not to think about the money I spent on needles and "sympathy" yarn. Eat one oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, and think both that I wish I had made me some and that I can't wait to get these out of my apartment tomorrow night.

:-)

- Lizzardie, at 11:13 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com