Words of Lizzardie




Monday, December 18, 2006

Ahh, the Holidays. When everything starts to go wrong!

Okay, I might be exaggerating. But the events of the past few days have not been good to me. Or maybe just part of Saturday and part of today. Saturday I managed to lock myself out of my apartment, and it was more than 7 hours until I got back in (my roommate's phone was off and the landlords were not home). Of course, I do have good friends, and Jeff and Kristen took me in for the afternoon - we went to the mall, had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (turns out their food is better than their cheesecake), did some shopping and had coffee at Borders. It was a nice time, I just wish it had been under better circumstances. Not being home meant that there was less knitting done on Saturday (and I'm now on a pretty tight deadline, what with Christmas in one week) and the cookies I wanted to make did not materialize (I had left my apartment to gather ingredients, actually). I did, however, make it to Corinne's cocktail party, where I got to see Scott and Julie and Anubhav, among others.

Sunday was much better - I went over to Jeff and Kristen's again, this time with knitting bag and cookie ingredients in hand - where I baked more than thirteen dozen oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Surprisingly, it only took 4 hours, and I had the company of Jeff, Kristen, Kim and Patrick, as well as the football game. Jeff was even reading off the plays of the Chicago game to me while I was finishing the last of the cookies! Plus, I managed to finish #10 and #11 of the 12-part Christmas project through the weekend.

Today, though... the day started just fine. I went to work, knitting on the T (more about that some other time). After work, Corinne and I headed to Harvard Square, where we planned to do some holiday shopping and get some dinner. On the way there, I pulled out the knitting, where the worst thing happened - my knitting needle broke. This is BAD. I cannot even describe how bad this is for the Christmas project. It's only the one I have in that size (if you're thinking, but don't you use TWO knitting needles at a time? It's a big circular needle). Finding a replacement that size in a store will be incredibly difficult (I already know Spark doesn't have it, I will probably try and go to Windsor Button tomorrow at lunch). Shipping is a little slow on the site where I bought the needle in the first place, but I did place an order with expedited shipping. I cannot use a different size needle, because I am already pretty far into this part of the project. And maybe, if it was for my mom or dad or one of the older sisters, giving a halfway-done Christmas present would be understandable. But no, I left Emilee's present for last. I can't give a 9-year-old a half-knitted present! Grrr....

Now, there is still finishing work to be done on the other presents. And should the new needles arrive on Thursday (and I paid more than I normally do for expedited shipping in hopes that they will), I should still be able to finish on time, albiet under a TON of stress. But did this really need to happen?

I guess I might as well get some sleep, it's not like there's knitting to be done.

- Lizzardie, at 11:02 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com