Words of Lizzardie




Friday, November 24, 2006

This year I'm thankful because....

I'm healthy. In fact, I've pretty much always been healthy. Not everyone is that lucky.

I have a great apartment in a great city. It's cozy and warm and while a little messy, very inviting. Again, I'm lucky.

I have a new job. And while it's difficult at times, I know I have the skills and determination to do a good job. And my new coworkers are fantastic.

I can cook! And I have the means to buy food and make whatever I want, which resulted in a delicious dinner yesterday, even if it was just for me.

I have a wonderful hobby. It makes me feel creative and useful and there's something to show for it when it's all said and done. Also, I get to make things and give them away to the people I love, and there's no better feeling than that. Plus, on many days, it's like therapy, and you should ALL be thankful for that!

I have a good family. Sure, they drive me crazy, and by hour 4 on Christmas Eve I'm going to want to come back to Boston. But they are still my family and I'm glad I get to see them in exactly one month.

I have amazing friends. I love them (you, if you're reading this) so much and am so happy that they are there for me. They are all so so so crazy, but wonderful at the same time, even if some of the try to "adopt" me, or take me to the cleaners with a NINE of the river (good story, but will totally be lossed in writing).

Anyhow, Thanksgiving by myself was hard, I won't lie. The hardest part was spending the better part of this week having people telling me awful it was that I was going to be by myself - comments which I did not invite. But overall it's okay. I made dinner - Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic, Morrocan Couscous, Roasted Vegetables, Pumpkin Pie with Streusel Topping and a bottle of French red wine (I don't feel like getting the bottle). Not QUITE what you would expect of Thanksgiving dinner, but it was really delicious.

There's been plenty of knitting, which totally makes me happy. And I think I'm going to go and buy dye so that I can color some yarn, which is fun. And I will eat leftovers, which is TOTALLY a Thanksgiving thing. And knit some more. And sleep! Lots of sleep! And the Pats game on Sunday one way or the other, because I have to. And it will be fun.

I hope everyone has had a happy, healthy, safe Thanksgiving, and that you all get back safely as well. :-)

- Lizzardie, at 5:53 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com