Words of Lizzardie




Saturday, November 11, 2006

I'm writing about Ani concert #1 now, so that I don't get the two mixed up. Last night, I saw Ani DiFranco with Kathy at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston. The Orpheum is a lovely place, as I'd heard, and we had great seats - balcony, row D, right in the center. Ani is 7 months pregnant, and not only is she positively glowing (you hear that pregnant women glow, right? It seems weird, but apparently it's true), but she was dancing around in typical Ani fashion. She is positively ecstatic about the election results, and about life in general - she at one point said that the past several years she's been so angry and written so much angry music, but this week she's happy and she reached into her bag of tricks to find... not much! :-) Anyhow, I didn't recognize all of the songs, but the ones that I did included Napoleon, In the Way, Shameless (finale, pre-encore) and Evolve (encore #1). During Napoleon, I felt good for the first time in 36 hours - what a way to take my mind off of the things racing through it! I even enjoyed myself for the second half of Ani's set, after Kathy ditched me. :-) Maybe I could do a concert like Ani by myself in the future, if need be... In any case, I'm defintely looking forward to seeing her again tonight!

- Lizzardie, at 11:18 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com