Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I owe a post about Ani concert #2... let's see... the opening of the concert was pretty much the same, and I still don't know the names of the songs! Songs I do know that she played both nights are In the Way, Napoleon and Hypnotize (which was the last song of the night both times). There was also Little Plastic Castle, Anticipate, Untouchable Face (!), Gravel (!! - also the pre-encore closer) and Both Hands (!!! - the first encore, and at that point I was truly excited). Kathy and I sat in the balcony at Lupo's in Providence (it was general admission) - we weren't as close as the night before, but the seats were still great. The theatre was pretty worn down, with old posters up all around (Kathy knows more about that) and was almost as fantastic as The Orpheum. Ani was wearing a white tshirt for the second show, and her big pregnant belly was hanging out most of the show! :-) So much fun to see her dance around. It's hard to say which show was better - it was utterly fantastic to see both of them, and to enjoy two similar but different sets - definitely not a waste of my time or money! I can't for her to come back into town again (though I imagine it could be awhile, with the baby and all).

As for the opening act, it was pretty much the same, and I could have done without seeing it twice, though Hamill On Trial's son, Detroit, was awfully cute. :-)

Yesterday I had jury duty, and I thought you should all know it was one of the most boring days of my life. I got there at 8am, checked in, sat for half an hour (okay, I had to get coffee), was given a speech about responsibilities, blah blah blah, saw a video, got told how important it was for us to be there even if we didn't get seated on a jury, and sat some more (sitting for me = knitting). A couple of groups were called to be seated on juries, but my number was never called. At some point, they sent us to lunch - I ran over to the Galleria to get money, food and reading material since I ran out of knitting I could do - and when I returned, I got to sit some more! Eventually they sent us away, and I don't have to come back for another 3 years! I went home, because going into work didn't seem worth it, but I did do a few hours of work from my living room. So I've fulfilled my civic duty for awhile, by voting last week and going to jury duty this week. Woohoo.

- Lizzardie, at 7:41 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com