Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, October 05, 2006

I don't want to work. I just wanna sit and knit all day. (Doesn't quite work, but give me a break, I'm tired.)

I don't really have anything new to report. I've felt... fatigued all week. Being a "lame duck" (my boss said it, not me) at work is still strange. I'm not quite excited about leaving (I'm sad about leaving the people, actually), but at the same time I'm unmotivated. And yet there's so much to do, and I feel like I'm not giving myself enough time by wasting what time I do have. *Sigh* Add on to that the feeling of not wanting to do anything at all and you get... a not happy Liz. Ahh well.

Poker last night was... interesting. It was the second time I ran the tournament in Herb's absence, and that part went well, I think. There were some hot-headed participants, but everyone calmed down at some point, and we got through it, and I still think everyone had a good time. Plus, one of the regulars, who had been in Iraq since the beginning of April, was back, and it was nice to see him. Our game after the tournament, though... well, let's just say the combination of a drunk guy kinda hitting on me ("Why don't you like me? I think Elizabeth is the prettiest girl here." and "I'm not going to go out with you." "Oh yes you are!" are just a few examples, and it kept going on and on and on...) with a conversation I absolutely did NOT want to have... yeah, interesting. I would have to say that I am so so so happy that things will be back to normal next week, and I can go back to playing poker - I'm not cut out to run this sort of thing on a regular basis!

Tonight I'm going out for Rosanne's birthday, tomorrow packing and then Saturday morning heading up to Maine, making it in time for wine tasting (with hopefully a stop in Kittery for a little shopping along the way).

- Lizzardie, at 11:28 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com