Words of Lizzardie




Monday, October 02, 2006

Good weekend. Friday I took off from work a little early, and took Kristen to pick up her wedding dress. It's hard to believe she and Jeff are getting married in less than a week, and it's been kinda fun to see how exited they are. Then I went to the Red Sox game with Kathy, Scott and Julie, though I was a little late, since the Red Line decided it didn't really want to run (which then backed up the Green Line - I guess I better get used to it and just make friends with the MBTA - at least I got a lot of knitting done). Kevin Millar plays for the Orioles, and the Red Sox "record" for the 5 games I attended this year was 5-0, so that makes me happy.

Saturday was busy! I got up, went to have the oil changed on my car (long time coming, let me tell you), went to buy Jeff and Kristen's wedding gift, went to buy bachelorette party presents for Kristen, had my hair done (2 1/2 hours for a partial highlight, cut and blow out, which is so ridiculous and yet it's because of how much hair I have) and then headed out for Bachelorette Party madness. There was makeup, burgers, strippers, dancing and of course lots of alcohol. I was pretty tired by the end, and my feet hurt, but Kristen seemed very drunk and happy, and that's what's important.

Sunday it was raining, and I decided that it was a good soup day. So I made soup and watched football (Pats AND Bears both win, yay), did some cleaning and of course knit as much as I could (lots of knitting got done over the weekend, even though I wasn't home that much Friday or Saturday). And I blocked my shawl, so it is finally done and ready to be worn next weekend (when I will hopefully get some pictures).

Reality still hasn't set in about the job switch, though I imagine it will seem more real after I actually switch (I still have 3 weeks). I did hit the J.Crew sale HARD this weekend, and plan on stopping in Kittery on my way up to Maine this weekend, because the one thing I do need is nice clothes. And apparently I already have projects at the new job, and I'm not even that close to starting! Yikes!

- Lizzardie, at 11:38 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com