Words of Lizzardie




Monday, September 11, 2006

The weekend was nice, even if I didn't get some of the things done that I wanted to (oil change, coins, cleaning my room). I guess those will have to happen next weekend. :-)

Friday night I played poker at The Neighborhood. I love a good money poker game, even if I did come in behind for the night. We played two tournaments with a $20 buy-in - I came in third for the first one, giving me my money back, and was out first in the second one, because I was too drunk to play poker by that point. :-) The Neighborhood is an awesome place in Union Square - I've only eaten there once but really should go more often. On nice days they seat people outside, under this trellis that has grapes growing on it (wine-making grapes was the answer I got to "what kind of grapes are they"), something I did not realize the one time I ate there. The owners are also wonderful people, as I have found is true of a lot of the places in Union Square.

I drank more than I should have Friday night. In fact, I drank more than I REALIZED. I hate when that happens. I also hate that the meters in Union Square start at 8:00am, and not 9:00am, as I had thought (who assumes meters start at 8:00am anyway?), so I wound up with a ticket when I went back to retrieve my car. :-( It was a fun night, but I wish I hadn't gotten so sick (sick enough to think it might have been more than the drinking that did me in), because Saturday was pretty much wasted.

By 6:00pm, I was feeling... okay... which was good, because I met up with Helen, who was in town, along with Corinne, Ron, Herb, Scott and Julie for dinner at Christopher's (food really REALLY helped). Afterwards, we went bowling in Davis Square, so that Helen could try the candlepin variation that is so popular here in New England. While we were there, we ran into my roommate and her boyfriend, and they were put at the lane right next to us, which was a crazy coincidence (they were meeting Herb's roommate and his girlfriend who also works with Herb, so it added to the connections). A little while later, Helen ran into someone she knows, and she doesn't even live around here. It seems that Boston (and Somerville, too) is quite a small place, not unlike how Cornell felt (despite large numbers of people, though on different scales).

Sunday... was absolutely wonderful. I had a fabulous time with my friends this weekend, and going out both Friday and Saturday in the same weekend always reassures me that I do indeed have a life. But there is A LOT to be said about a day by myself where I don't have to talk to anyone, don't have to get dressed and can do whatever I want all alone. In two weeks I had had a whole two nights where I was home, and even those came about only because of last minute cancellations. Now, I was on vacation and there was the fraternity crisis, so that certainly factored in. But things were getting ridiculous enough that yesterday was very much needed. I got some sleep both Saturday and Sunday nights, I did a ton of laundry, I cooked a meal and did some cleaning, I knit, I watched TV, and I worked on some projects that I had been neglecting. And I don't think I said one word, out loud or via IM, until my roommate called me around 10:00pm (apparently something sketchy was going on outside the apartment, but I didn't notice). I feel so much more refreshed today, and am ready for another chaotic week. :-)

I never mentioned the Red Sox game from last week, I realize. I unfortunately go there late, causing Corinne and Kathy to have to wait, and Elenka to be sitting by herself for 2 innings (stupid door lock), but once we arrived it was a great time. Very low-scoring game, which was intense, but in the end the Red Sox pulled off the win (and took a series, thank goodness) against the White Sox (good sox won against bad sox, as Kathy would say). I did wear a Red Sox t-shirt with my new Cubs hat, just as I promised (Corinne didn't realize why until halfway through the game). I didn't even mind when it started raining - turns out a baseball cap projects your head from rain! This was the first year that I was able to go to a Red Sox game, and I went to 4, where the Red Sox were 4-0. That makes me happy, and I have had several people tell me that I need to go to more games, but I don't think my luck is that good. :-)

Next weekend will have to be the coins and the oil change (and cleaning my room and I think jewelry making and other things I'm sure I'm not remembering right now, *sigh*).

- Lizzardie, at 12:51 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com