Words of Lizzardie




Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm still totally stressed, and I'm not sure when this is going to let up. I've had a lot of job work lately, and it's interfering with all the other stuff I need to get done (because, hello, it's still September and we're not supposed to be this busy right now). I was able to get a little bit of break this weekend, though. Friday night was the Santana concert, and despite my reservations about going because I was tired and it was far away, I had a great time. Jeff Beck opened, and that was phenomenal. I don't think I have ever seen an opening act come out for an encore before, but he did. I don't know his songs very well, which is unfortunate, because he is a great guitar player, but the encore was definitely "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." :-) And Santana was great, too. I know his songs a little bit better, so that was nice. I did leave after "Black Magic Woman," during "Oye Como Va" - I hate leaving a concert early, but Corinne and Ron were leaving, and the idea of staying by myself in an unknown place for the end of the concert, just to spend an hour and a half getting out of the parking lot (followed by the hour drive home) was just not appealing. Besides, we only paid $17 for the tickets (and that includes all of the Ticketmaster fees), so I feel I got my money's worth. Must now buy some Jeff Beck CDs. :-)

Saturday I did some work. And then I went out to dinner for Patrick's birthday. Kim had organized a surprise birthday dinner at Changsho, which was fun and tasty as usual. Plus I got to see Eryk and Rosanne, along with Patrick and Kim of course. We went to JP Licks for ice cream afterwards - I got a rum raisin milkshake frappe, which was not as tasty as I would have hoped, though it did have actual dark rum in it. And then more work, although this work was finishing the playlists I had been working on for way too long (it's a good thing I got a ton of free music as part of this deal). And at least there was wine.

Sunday, after getting up at noon, I did work for pretty much the rest of the day, until 1am. I did take breaks here and there, did some food shopping and cooking (Tabbouleh, which came out tasty but looks watery and unappetizing - next time I need to drain the cucumbers and tomatoes, I think, and braised boneless pork chops with fennel and capers, courtesy of the episode of Everyday Italian I watched on Saturday). I had wanted to go see this Gershwin to Gillespie (or is it the other way around?) exhibit at the National Heritage Museum (exhibit closed yesterday) but there was too much work. I wish I hadn't forgotten about it until this weekend.

Very little knitting got done. I really need to finish the shawl for the wedding, which I thought I had started in plenty of time. I also need to push a little bit more on the Christmas knitting, because I know it will come up faster than I think. On the plus side, Kim loved the scarf I made her (or at least she said she did). I really liked the pattern, as well, so it was a quick knit. Plus I used yarn I already had. Usually when I make things for people, I pick out the yarn especially for them. But I didn't have time to do that for Kim, and just happened to remember that I had this yarn in my stash. It ended up being a great match, because she said it's her favorite color! I'll try and remember to post the pictures on Flickr sometime tonight.

I need to get back to work now. At least I have my iPod back, so I can listen to music.

- Lizzardie, at 1:18 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com