Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I love TV. Why? I don't know. I think that there's definitely GOOD TV out there. I also think that there is definitely BAD TV out there. And of course, there's TV that's so bad it's good. So I watch a lot of TV. Part of the reason is that it gives me something to look forward to on a nightly basis. When you're at work all day, you want to be able to take your mind off of things once you get home and be able to unwind - cooking dinner, doing dishes, tidying up, paying bills - these things do not give me much (if any) joy or relaxation. TV is a nice break. AND it's a great activity to do while knitting, so I feel much better about how much TV I watch now that I have something else to do while watching TV (and knitting is productive! Yay knitting!).

Needless to say, when I watch a pilot, I usually get sucked into whatever it is. So now I try and pick my pilots carefully, because I can only watch so many shows in a week (and the DVR can only handle recording so many, so 2 shows on at the same time is my limit). Here is my list of pilots I'm going to watch this fall:
  • Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (NBC, premiers at 10:00pm Eastern on September 18th) - Aaron Sorkin! Thomas Schlamme! Bradley Whitford! Matthew Perry! Timothy Busfield! I don't think I need to say anymore.
  • Six Degress (ABC, premiers at 10:00pm Eastern on September 21st, right after Grey's Anatomy) - J.J. Abrams. Again, I don't think there's more to say.
  • Brothers and Sisters (ABC, premiers at 10:00pm Eastern on September 24th) - I'm intrigued by this show because it sounds like it has a great cast (Sally Field, Calista Flockhart, Balthazar Getty, Patricia Wettig, Ron Rifkin) but there's been some reports that the show is unstable. The pilot apparently originally sucked but since some of it has been redone it's better. I like a good unstable show. Besides, I don't have anything to watch on Sunday nights right now, and I like unwinding with some TV before the work week begins.
  • Heroes (NBC, premiers at 9:00pm Eastern on September 25th) - I've heard great things about this show (and Greg Grunberg, yay!). Apparently the characters all have flaws, which is great for character development. I think this is the one I have the most hope for this season.
  • The Nine (ABC, premiers at 10:00pm Eastern on October 4th, right after Lost) - This one is supposed to be pretty good, too. There are a few cast members I'm familiar with (Scott Wolf, Kim Raver, Tim Daly) and I like the premise.

All right, so 5 new shows. Part of me hopes that I hate at least one of the shows, and that at least one other fails to get picked up for the whole season. While I don't want another Reunion-like situation (Reunion gets filed under so bad it's good, and when Fox cancelled it last season I was really annoyed), I also already have a ton of shows that I watch now (Prison Break, House, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Law & Order et. al., The O.C., One Tree Hill, How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, Scrubs, Monk, Psych, Project Runway) and some that I'm working my way through (or will be working my way through) on DVD and would consider adding to the repertoire (The Shield, Weeds, Veronica Mars).

[Note: Please feel free to mock me for my serious dependency on the made-up lives of TV characters.]

So, now that I've stated pretty much everything I watch and will be watching on TV, does anyone have any thoughts? Are there shows I'm not considering but should be (i.e., what's the best show on television that I'm not watching)? Do you think something I watch is total garbage (I probably agree and that's probably why I watch it)? Any new shows that I should consider (not that I really have time for them)?

If you haven't seen any pilot reviews and would like to, I've gotten most of my information from this site.


- Lizzardie, at 4:20 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com