Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I have been thinking the last few days about.... life, I guess. In some ways, the summer has been difficult, and I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what it is I want to do and how I want to get there. I have at times felt very lonely, but usually I try and remember that I have a great network of friends who care about me and who will answer their phones or their email/IMs at any hour of the day. The stress of this past week, though, has made me think that maybe I have lost a little bit of focus. And maybe that is why I have had so much trouble figuring out what direction I'm supposed to be going in.

I'm pretty sure my coworkers think I'm a little crazy for caring so much about my college fraternity. They've seen my frustration at emails and have heard me on the phone with the IRS and even the office of a member of the U.S. House of Representatives (that was kinda cool, by the way). Some of my friends also seem to think I'm a little crazy, including friends from PSP. But in a lot of ways, the ideals of Phi Sigma Pi are a way of life, and affect me on a daily basis. Yet as I got a little older and grew away from the current members of my Chapter, it feels like that has gotten away. Yes, many of the people I see on at least a weekly and almost a daily basis are people I have met through the fraternity. But am I necessarily living the ideals of Scholarship, Leadership and Fellowship? I don't know. But I do know that I want to.

Anyhow, it's something to think about. I do know that I'm trying to make an effort to reconnect with friends, even though it is difficult to stay in touch with so many people that are spread out all over the country (and at times internationally). I'm starting with birthday cards. :-) Also, I want to do something to serve society, because I feel I haven't done enough of that lately. I am thinking that I will knit for charity. Knitting is something that brings comfort and joy to my own life, and I would like to spread the affects of that to others. If there is any interest, I could turn it into a project that others could join me in, either by knitting for charity along with me, or contributing materials. So, if you have any interest, please let me know, but otherwise maybe for now I will carry out the idea myself (at least until I do some research on where to donate knit items to, what to knit, what the timeline is and what my goals are).

Like I said, something to think about. Last week felt like a crisis, and my only hope was to help to educate and inspire people to continue to carry out the ideals of Phi Sigma Pi. I don't think it was such a bad thing if I was a little inspired, too.

- Lizzardie, at 11:57 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com