Words of Lizzardie




Friday, September 08, 2006

Flickr

I love Flickr. I'm not really sure why, I just do. I like the way it organizes pictures, I like that it lets me make notes and allows visitors to make comments. I think it's user-friendly, and viewing pictures other people put up on Flickr is very easy. It's not bulky, so even large pictures load quickly, which I do not find true of other photo-sharing sites. I can view the picture in its original size, which is great for printing or saving, if the photo isn't from my camera.

My only complaint with Flickr has been the bandwith limit. All of the pictures I take with my camera are high resolution, so I go through the limit very quickly. But I've been considering for awhile the idea of buying a pro account, since it's only $25 for the year. Chris did this recently, and he has nothing but good things to say, so I'm very likely to do that in the future.

Plus, Flickr got even better for me yesterday. I've known for awhile that Flickr offers printing services, but for the most part I've never taken advantage of this for my digital pictures (though I've wanted to for a long time). I sent out a thank you card to my grandparents, though, for the books my grandmother sent for my birthday, and I wanted to include some pictures (can't email pictures to them like I can to my parents, if I have any desire for that). I knew I could get 10 free prints, so I figured I would give Flickr a try for this. I must say, I'm very happy with the results. First of all, you can either have the pictures delivered by mail or pick them up at Target. Well, there is a Target just down the street from my work, so I was all over this option. I submitted the request at 4:30pm yesterday, and they were ready in an hour. And the prints came out great, so I'm definitely looking forward to using this again. To have the prints delivered, it's $.15/4x6 print, plus a shipping fee ($2.29 for the first 25 prints and up from there). To get the prints from Target, it's $.20/4x6 print, but no shipping fee. So my math calculations say that Target is cheaper, plus much faster, and not too much of an inconvenience.

The idea of upgrading to a pro account is now really appealing, because then I can upload a bunch of pictures I've always meant to have printed, including lots of pictures from college that I always wanted to put into an album or make a scrapbook out of.

- Lizzardie, at 12:14 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com