Words of Lizzardie




Monday, September 25, 2006

Ahh, Monday again. The weeks are going by fast these days, and I just haven't had enough time to get enough done. But I'm trying.

Work continues to be busy. I am hoping that I will have a weekend without work this weekend (particularly because it's Kristen's Bachelorette party, and I'd like to have a fantastic time without worrying about work), and then I have to be free the following weekend for the wedding, but then things will be packed until November.

Speaking of the wedding, not only did I finish the shawl last night (just a few touch up things and blocking), but I found shoes! I thought shoes would be easier than they were - I was out with Jeff and Kristen, and we went to DSW (no turquoise shoes there, at least no good ones), Aldo in Downtown Crossing (nope), Macy's (no turquoise shoes and the beautiful brown shoes were not available in my size), Aldo in the Pru (the turquoise shoes were not in my size), Bandolino, Jasmine Sole and finally Nine West where I found these shoes, and they are a perfect match in color AND my size. Kristen and Susan are making my jewelry, I'm carrying my Coach purse, and now all I have to do is buy a wedding present (but it's been decided what I'll buy) and figure out details for the weekend in Maine. Attending a wedding is hard, being a bridesmaid is harder (which I'm technically not) - I can't imagine what it's like to actually PLAN a wedding. Yeesh.

The rest of the weekend was pretty good. Saturday morning I went to the Phantom Gourmet Food Festival, where the food was yummy and I got to see a lobster roll eating contest (with someone famous Japanese food eating guy - he ate 41 lobster rolls in 10 minutes). I was a little upset that some places ran out of food so early (we left the festival at around 1:30, and at least 2 places were out of something - all you're doing is serving food!). I also had a bit of a disaster with my ticket - I kept telling myself I was going to forget the ticket, and made a point to put my ticket envelope in my purse (at the time, it had the festival ticket and my Ani DiFranco tickets in there, and Corinne was giving me my Pat tickets, so I wanted the whole envelope). I left the house, went to get money, got coffee at Starbucks and got onto the T. I was at Harvard Square when I realized I didn't have the envelope! I was so sure I had put it in my purse that I thought it must have fallen out... but it was on my dining room table. So a momentary panic attack and I wound up being late (by the way, if you ever do go to the festival, go early - it's not quite as crowded and the food will all be there).

After the festival, I helped Herb move into his new apartment, along with his mom, Jeff and Josh, and then Herb took us out to Christopher's for dinner to say thank you. I love Christopher's (I had French onion soup and the ravioli special), but our waiter annoyed me when he brought me the wrong beer and gave me attitude about it. Oh well.

Sunday morning I went for dim sum with Jeff, Kristen, Kim and Patrick. Then all of the shopping, then over to Jeff and Kristen's for dinner (tomato, fresh mozarella and basil sandwiches and some sort of yummy veggie casserole, as well as blueberry beer with Maine blueberries in it) and to watch the Pats game. I also got to see Susan for the first time in forever.

And tonight I'm going over to Kim's for sushi. I love seeing my friends, but my apartment is a mess and I think my roommate is about to murder me in my sleep (things aren't really going well on that front these days). Not sure what I can do, though. :-/

My feet and legs hurt from the moving of boxes up to the third floor and then all of the walking around the city yesterday. Ow.

- Lizzardie, at 12:10 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com