Words of Lizzardie




Monday, August 21, 2006

This weekend I:
  • Went out for dinner once;
  • Went grocery shopping, which including purchasing lots of pantry items;
  • Cooked a nice meal, complete with dessert;
  • Cooked lots of marinara sauce to freeze;
  • Made and wrote out thank you cards from my birthday;
  • Created a dozen playlists for a friend;
  • Did laundry;
  • Cleaned out my pantry;
  • Did a ridiculous amount of dishes;
  • Drank a great deal of wine, none of red (*gasp*);
  • Bought a new bag (red, courdouroy, will make a great knitting bag);
  • Still managed to get some knitting and lots of TV in;
  • Caught up at least somewhat on sleep.
All in all, I think it was a pretty accomplished weekend. There are some things I wanted to do but didn't get to, and I barely left the house, but I'm okay with that. There is only so much I can do in a weekend, and I still got to relax, so I'm happy.

As for dinner... since I'm recounting every restaurant week meal, here's what I had on Friday at Upstairs on the Square: Chilled Andalusian Gazpacho, Grilled Halibut with Cool Summer Succotash, Avocado & Provencal Vinaigrette, and Chocolate Panna Cotta with Vanilla Sable and Port-Berry Sauce. I think the Gazpacho was the best part of the meal - I'm not sure that I've ever had Gazpacho before, but this made me want to eat it all the time - maybe even make it (which is pretty easy -purchase vegetables, throw into blender, let sit overnight to allow flavors to blend, eat chilled)! It's such a nice, refreshing dish, particularly since we were sitting outside (on a perfectly lovely summer evening in Cambridge). We also had a 2004 (I think) Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (Malborough, New Zealand), which was nice and refreshing, and went well with the chilled soup, grilled fish (I'm guessing also with Corinne's pork) and summer evening. Tonight is Great Bay with Jeff, Kristen, Susan and Cheryl, and it is my LAST Restaurant Week dinner (at least until Restaurant Week comes again).

Making thank you cards was so much fun! It's a little time consuming, and I don't think I'd make cards for anything but thank you notes, but I really enjoyed the different cards I made. I think the next time I do it, instead of buying a kit, I will just purchase the supplies and make cards that are a little more similar than the really varied ones I made this time - I have an idea of what I'm doing now, and I'm hoping the supply purchasing route will be more cost effective. I thought about taking pictures of the ones I made, but I decided against it - they are (for the most part) en route to their recipients, and maybe it's better if they are the only ones to enjoy them. :-)

My only regret is that I forgot it was Employee Appreciation Week at work, and therefore we're having lunch in the office today (and a BBQ tomorrow), so I'm hoping my nicely prepared food doesn't go to the waste before I have a chance to eat it!

- Lizzardie, at 10:28 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com