Words of Lizzardie




Monday, July 31, 2006

Sleepy! I hate that Mondays are always like that, but what can you do. At least I had a nice weekend. Of course, sleep didn't seem to get as much attention as it deserved, but ohh well.

Friday night I was supposed to meet up with Corinne and Ron and others to celebrate the end of Ron's bar studying (exam was Wednesday and Thursday) and his new job (at a firm that does subrogation - yeah, I had never heard of it). I managed to get caught in a downpour, and Corinne and Ron never made it (first the orange line wasn't running, then Gene's Mercedes was broken into), but I did have a lovely dinner with Ron's brother Jordan and his friend Dave (both of whom I met that night). While dinner was nice, I figured it was time to cut my losses for the night, and go home, but did tell Jordan and Dave I would be happy to give them a ride to Corinne's birthday party in New Hampshire the next day at around noon.

Of course I did not do the smart thing and go to sleep once I got home. No, I went out again, this time not making it back until it was light out. I did have a lovely time, with plenty to drink (including yummy beer that tasted like nutmeg) and a good conversation. I also got to see a new (for me) bar, The Asgard, which seemed very lovely, except it's ridiculously expensive. So fun night, except I had to be up by 10:30, and got less than 4 hours of sleep.

Corinne's birthday party was pretty fun, though would have been better with more sleep and less of a hangover. :-) I did manage to sneak away for a trip to the yarn store in Nashua, though, which I enjoyed (but again, would have been better without the exhaustion and hangover), and bought 2 skeins of pretty sock yarn. I now have more sock yarn than I know what to do with! That makes me happy. There was no badminton for me this year, which is sad, but I did get to try a few new games that other people brought - Bang and Settlers of Catan. I really enjoyed Settlers of Catan - it seems like it's right up my alley of strategy games, and I won when we played, so that was awesome. Corinne also seemed to like the bag and scarf I made for her, and I'll be sure to put up pictures on Flickr soon (maybe tonight, since it's the last day of July).

Yesterday I went shopping, and very happily purchased new black leather pumps, which I love. I already have a pair of shoes by Bandolino, and was quite happy to find another that was exactly what I was looking for.

This week there will be lots of knitting. I have one more deadline that's stressing me out, but I think if I work hard enough, I'll be able to meet it. Then I can relax again, a little, and maybe work on something for me! Though there is still lots of presents to be made at some point. *sigh* - I don't know what made me think this was a good idea. I found out someone at work has just started to knit, and it's nice to talk to someone else who is excited by yarn and sweaters. Completely foreign to most people, I'm sure.

- Lizzardie, at 3:05 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com