Words of Lizzardie




Monday, July 17, 2006

I keep vowing that I'm going to go to bed early and get up early to go walking, but it really doesn't seem to be happening. It's after midnight and I was going to go to bed at 11pm. Right.

The weekend was relatively pleasant, despite the heat. Yesterday I went to the Red Sox game with Kathy, her mom, Corinne and her dad. It was a Cornell Club thing, which meant it was unbelievably expensive - we kept making up things to justify the price (Schilling pitched, we got to go to batting practice before the game, unlimited Fenway Franks, our seats were near where they sat in Field of Dreams, etc...). All in all, though, the seats were decent, I finally got to see the scoreboard change, and the Red Sox got their first shutout of the night. :-)

Today I wanted to go to the beach, but it didn't happen. Then again, I also wanted to go and buy yarn, but that didn't happen, either. :-) Instead, I spent some time knitting, and then went to get dinner with Corinne and Ron - we went to this little sandwich/Italian shop place in Medford which I could walk to. The sandwiches are good, and the market has a lot of the same stuff Dave's Fresh Pasta does. It's also within walking distance, but a little farther. However, it is open on Sundays, so maybe the next time I get a craving for fresh bread on a Sunday I'll go there. :-) We ate our sandwiches at Corinne's, in the air conditioning, while watching the Cubs-Mets game. I left after the Mets got their second grand slam in the sixth inning - I could take it anymore (*sigh*).

The other exciting thing about the weekend was that I made ice cream. The cheesecake ice cream came out really, really well - the best I've ever made. The blueberry was just okay. I'm thinking that it would be fun to make an icecream cheesecake sometime, and then just make a simple strawberry syrup to put on top. Yum.

This week looks to be busy - tomorrow I'm having dinner with Rosanne, Tuesday I'm going to Providence with Kathy to have dinner at the Blue Grotto (the menu looks amazing), Wednesday is poker like normal, Cat and Ryan will be here Thursday night, and Saturday it looks like I'll be going to Connecticut for Dana's BBQ, which will be an overnight trip. Maybe I should go to bed soon!

- Lizzardie, at 12:28 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com