Words of Lizzardie




Monday, July 10, 2006

I finally made it to the beach yesterday! I was all set for a normal Sunday - laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, knitting - and I was just about to head out of the house when I thought to check and make sure my grocery list had all the right ingredients for what I wanted to make. Opening my browser showed my email, and one caught my eye - Rosanne had emailed me to see if I wanted a "Girls Day Out." I momentarily thought that no, I shouldn't call her because I had things that should get done and I was tired and needed to get work done as well. But then I realized that it was silly to sit around my house all day, just like I had done on Saturday. So I called her, and we went up to Ipswitch - the water is still FREEZING (only really got my feet wet) but it was pretty with nice smooth sand, clear water, salty sea air smell and lots of shells! Plus it was nice to chat with Rosanne - I've only really spent time with her when she and Eryk have invited me over for poker. She said that she'll call me more often (I suppose when she's not in Finland for work!) and I'm looking forward to that.

I need to get a basket for all of the shells I brought home. I also plan on going back - who knows, maybe even this weekend! I'd like to go a little earlier in the day (we didn't get there until about 3:30pm) and do some reading/knitting. And of course get some color and find more seashells. :-)

Knitting is going well - not so much for myself these days as I'm trying to pump out some presents. I'll get some pictures up on the Flickr site soon, hopefully - there's still some finishing details I need to do on some projects. There will be a geeky project up here at some point, too, that combines knitting with math (more than usual) and I'll want to show that off. Today I received some sock yarn, that will end up being a present for someone (yes, I'm going to knit socks as presents, which is a little daunting - I hope I'm able to make them fit!). I ordered the yarn off of Etsy, and I gotta say that it's some of the best service I've ever received. I was looking at tracking this afternoon at work, and it said my package had been REFUSED and was being sent back to sender - it didn't make any sense! When I got home, though, the package was on my porch (need to start sending stuff to work again, apparently) and all was well. The seller, however, had emailed me because she had seen the same message I had and wanted to make sure I had gotten my package - it was so sweet - she even emailed me thanking me for my quick reply telling her I'd received the yarn! I decided that I wasn't going to email her back again telling her thanks again in a neverending cycle, but instead I will promote her Etsy site, Fearless Fibers. She dyes all of the yarn herself, it's super soft, lots of yardage and a very pretty color. If any of you have an interest in yarn (doubtful, I know), check her out.

While I'm on the topic of Etsy, I will also promote Susan's Etsy site, Speck Designs, and Kristen's Etsy site, Think Pink! Crafts. Both make jewelry - Susan's is kinda funky, while Kristen's is more traditional and classy.

I had more written about knitting and non-knitting from this weekend, but I just lost it. And now I don't feel like writing anymore, so I'll try and update more later.

- Lizzardie, at 10:26 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com