Words of Lizzardie




Friday, June 02, 2006


This is from last Friday's Red Sox game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. It was my first trip to Fenway, and I must say, it was enjoyable. Our seats were in the Right Field Grandstands, and you can see from the picture that we had a great view. And the seats were covered! No water on the seats to try and dry up or sit in!

I'm really happy to have the 500th post out of the way. I've been agonizing about it since January, when I realized it was coming up (thank you, Blogger, for telling me how many posts my account has). Of course, I originally thought I would get to it much sooner, but I kinda like that it turned out to be right around the anniversary of the blog (thought about posting it Monday, but I was sooooo tired).

I haven't done a very good job of catching up on sleep this week. Wednesday I wound up getting really drunk, even though I promised myself I wouldn't do that on Wednesdays anymore. Woops. I think it was the free drink from coming in second during the poker tournament - I'd only had one of my usuals, Sapphire & tonic, and ordered a pomegranate martini (which was quite tasty and very pretty, too). That didn't cause me to be drunk, but did cause me to lose focus of how much I was drinking. Ahh well. I'm a little annoyed at myself because I'm kinda careless when drunk - I say whatever I'm thinking (which sober me hardly ever does) and do ridiculous things (like throwing a still lit cigarette on a friend's wooden porch, then trying to pick it up by the lit end - very stupid). And I don't think the frantic phone call I made at 4am when I got home was much appreciated by the recipient - but the fact that my pills were missing from my purse (I still can't find them) seemed urgent enough to me. Anyhow, vowing once again not to do that - we'll see how long I can go before breaking the vow.

Yesterday kinda sucked in general. I was soooo tired and soooo hungover all day. And then I had an encounter with an idiot woman at the grocery store. I normally try not to let these things bother me, but she kept persisting that she was right about a situation where: (a) she was wrong, and (b) couldn't do anything to change anything anyway. :-) I was in line for the self checkout kiosks at the Star Market I always go to (in Cambridge, close to work). There are 4 kiosks, 2 on each side. I was the fourth person in ONE line - she came up behind. She then proceeded to tell me (as if I had started the line, which I hadn't) that it's actually faster to form two lines and that's the way it should be done. I proceeded to tell her that, no, it's faster to form one line. She continued with the "no, it's not" reasoning, kinda forcefully, not really letting me explain. My mistake was in saying that I've studied this sort of thing (which is true), which pissed her off even more. I started to ignore her, but she proceeded to spew nonsense at me when she passed me to choose her kiosk, and then again when I was leaving. ARGH. This piece of information is one of the few useful tidbits that I have from studying OR - 2 lines SEEM faster, but if you take a moment to think about it (and work out a simulation of what happens in reality), it isn't in practice. AND I HATE WHEN PEOPLE TRY AND TELL ME I'M WRONG ABOUT IT. In fact, I just hate people. Particularly at the grocery store.

End rant. I need to go back to doing stuff around my apartment/knitting (I had been writing this at work, but had to stop in order to do actual work - things are busier than they used to be this time of year). I'm going up to York, Maine, tomorrow morning, returning on Sunday, and I'm really looking forward to relaxing/shopping/eating at Amore Breakfast. :-) If the weather breaks enough to head out to the beach, I'll take pictures.

Posted by Picasa

- Lizzardie, at 2:56 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com