Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, June 06, 2006


Finding time to post is becoming more and more difficult. Of course, part of that comes from my preference to knitting over writing, but that's really beside the point.

The pictures are from my trip up to Southern Maine this weekend. Corinne and Ron picked me up Saturday morning, and we headed to Nashua first for brunch with Corinne's parents (her dad's birthday was yesterday). From there we went to Kittery and hit the outlets - there wasn't much else to do since it was raining. We avoided both Seiko (where Ron worked 3 summers ago) and Brookstone (where I worked 3 summers ago), but did go to the Kittery Trading Post, J.Crew, Linens 'n Things and Lindt before going to dinner. By the time dinner rolled around, we had also met up with Corinne's friends Gene and Jenny, as well as Jenny's boyfriend Scott, and we alled dined at Weathervane. Between the outlets, Weathervane, Kittery in general and the group of people (Ron and I subletted from Jenny and Gene that summer in Dover), it was like an homage to the summer of 2003. A little surreal, but all in all, a good time.

After dinner, we headed to the hotel where we were staying - The Anchorage Inn, right on Rte 1A - the picture in the upper righthand corner is from right outside our room, so had it been nice outside, we would have been right on the beach. Ahh well. We went swimming (there was also a hot tub!) then headed to the grocery store to buy liquor we didn't drink. It was a pretty chill evening - some cards, TV and knitting (okay, that was just me) and then bedtime (the hotel room slept 8, by the way - 2 bunkbeds and 2 full-size beds). Sunday morning we drove up to Ogunquit for breakfast at Amore Breakfast - I had both Bananas Foster French Toast and German Potato Pancakes - I figured why not, it was what I wanted. After breakfast, we headed back to York, bought salt-water taffy (yum) and walked along the beach, which is where I took the other three pictures. The picture in the lower right hand corner was difficult to come by - as I was attempting to capture the waves crashing into the beach, some of the waves decided to crash into ME - soaking my flip-flops (I wound up throwing them away when I got home) and the bottom half of my jeans. Ahh well. Then more outlet shopping (Yummies, Gap, Banana Republic, Coash - where I did NOT buy anything, Crate and Barrel), the NH State Liquor Store and home.

I bought a ridiculous amount of stuff at the outlets (can you tell the rain left us little else to do?), but since I hadn't bought summer clothes yet, I figure I'm forgiven - I got a ton of different tops. I also bought some New England-y things to send home to the family, and a ridiculous quantity of candy, most of which I brought to work. The candy is like an homage to my childhood - salt-water taffy (even though I didn't live near salt water until recently), Sixlets, anise squares, Bit 'o Honey, Mary Janes... and some Lindt truffles, which I absolutely love, in milk chocolate, dark chocate, and very dark chocolate.

So yeah, good weekend. I have to say that while it would have been great if there was sun and warmth, it was still nice to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend near the ocean, feeling a little less like a tourist and a little more like I can go up there anytime.

This weekend is Reunion at Cornell, and while I want to go, I just can't see how to make it happen. After Memorial Day Weekend and this past weekend, I really need some time to myself at home. It's sad, too, because I had gotten the weekends messed up, and thought Reunion was NEXT weekend, not this coming one. So I'll miss out on seeing Adam, and possibly Upstate New York people, who I promise I would have contacted if I were actually going. So if you live in Rochester, Syracuse or Albany - I will definitely come out to see you all sometime, just not right now and not likely before later on this summer. But at some point, I am definitely going to need a vacation (yes, again), so we'll see.

Posted by Picasa


- Lizzardie, at 11:09 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com