Words of Lizzardie




Monday, May 22, 2006


This top is mine, all mine. And I made it!

So, technically, I made this top before I made the one for Spark. However, after making the one for Spark, I reworked the straps on this one, and they look much better than before. The pattern was unclear, which is why they looked stupid to begin with. Here are the details:

Pattern: Honeymoon Cami from Knitty.com
Yarn: Classic Elite Yarns Newport Light (100% Mercerized Cotton), #3379, 5 skeins (this yarn was discontinued I have no idea how long ago)
Needles: US 5

The greatest part about this top is that it was free! I used some of the yarn my grandmother sent me from when I raided her yarn stash on my February visit. The next greatest part about the top is how nice and simple it is. I learned shaping and just general structure of making a top like this, so I am predicting that there will be many more in my future. I'm already thinking about different colors I want and different stitch patterns for the bottom... I truly am obsessed (but am now expanding my wardrobe because of it).

I wore the top on Saturday to Elenka's BBQ, and I like the way it fits and wears(the straps might still be a tad too long but I'll deal). Also, no one asked me if my top was handmade, which I will ALWAYS take as a good sign (and I didn't mention it either).

The BBQ was fun - the food was good - burgers and sausages, as well as homemade coleslaw and some tasty dessert things. I brought the chicken couscous salad, which will now be my standard BBQ/potluck dish, I think. Some of us played poker later in the evening and... I did rather horribly. I don't remember the last time I did that bad at poker. We had a five dollar buy-in, and started off playing with fake paper money, which was sort of fun. When I lost the first five dollars, I bought in again, this time with pebbles Elenka happened to have, which was also fun (because pebbles are more like chips, though I had to keep reminding everyone how much they were worth). I had chosen 3 colors, from light to dark, to represent 5, 10 and 20, which was the denominations of the bills we had. When I lost the second five dollars, I had to add a pebble color. And I lost all of that, too. Awful - I won one hand all night, and even that one I shouldn't have won (I only did because someone failed to correctly call the cards in her hand). Oh well - I guess it has to happen every once in awhile.

Sunday was an adventure. More on that in another post.

Posted by Picasa

- Lizzardie, at 12:55 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com