Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sunday I went to see Movin' Out at the Opera House with Kathy. First of all, the Opera House is GORGEOUS. I love going to theatres like that, and just being able to sit in this place was worth the price of the ticket. The show, on the other hand.... was a train wreck. I had a thoroughly good time, but it was really only from laughing so much at just how terrible this musical is. I've been to many musicals, even performed in the pit orchestras of some, and this was... not a musical. It was a bunch of Billy Joel songs (good ones, sure) with dance. The dancers were good, and the choreography was well-timed, but it was... bad. And cheesy. Act II was better than Act I, but only the first three-quarters of it, because the plot resolved itself far too quickly and then went on to be completely cheesy again. The band was amazing, and they had them suspended on sort of a catwalk above the stage, which was really cool. And they were really good - remember that this is from the perspective that I saw Billy Joel in January, so I think it says a lot that I'm saying a cover band was good. All in all, a very fun time, but definitely not what I was expecting.

After the show, Kathy and I did a little bit of shopping in Downtown Crossing. I bought a pair of shoes at DSW (cute Steve Madden flip-flops), and now the floodgates have opened - I want to buy a lot of shoes. This is sort of a problem with me where shopping is involved - when I buy things, I really go all out. I'm trying to put off the shoe-buying for as long as possible, for the sake of financial stability, but I don't think I have enough willpower to hold out forever. And I also need clothes - I can't make them all (though I did finish another tank top last night - though I'm not sure how much I like it). Ahh well. We also went to Barnes & Noble, but I just wasn't feeling the bookstore vibe.

We decided to get food, so we walked over to Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall, and wound up at... Zuma's! Yes, we're entiring unoriginal, but the food there is really good and reasonably priced. We wanted to go shopping, so that we could buy yuppy clothing for Memorial Day weekend (we've spent much of dinner trying to come up with ways to make Memorial Day weekend more fun for us, since we are not tourists), but all the shops were closed. Instead we ended up.... walking back to Somerville. I'm really not sure how this happened. We sort of set out and crossed through Government Center - I figured we were heading towards Park Street, since both kathy and I needed to get on the red line, though in opposite directions. But we ended up meandering towards MGH. I wanted to walk across the Longfellow Bridge, because I love the view from there (and it's better outside than on the train). I thought from there we would get on at Kendall. But why do that, when you can continue down Broadway! Somewhere between Kendall Square and Harvard Square, I figured I should just walk home from there - I was no longer feeling cold and it wasn't that much farther. Kathy did get on the T at Porter Square, and I continued home to my apartment. I think it was about 6 miles. My feet were very angry at me yesterday, and my legs are protesting somewhat today, but it was a nice walk. Not the most direct route, but not so totally out of the way. I should really start exercizing more regularly, so that these sorts of things aren't so painful the next day (and the day after, and the day after....)

All right, back to work.

- Lizzardie, at 12:00 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com