Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, May 30, 2006


Ahh, Memorial Day weekend. First off, I am exhausted. Despite spending all day yesterday ready to fall asleep, I did not sleep well last night. So… yeah, still very tired today. But I did have a pretty good time over the course of the weekend, and I will attempt to recount the highlights.

I took Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off of work. This was mainly for cleaning purposes, but also because I needed a break from work. It was nice, for once, to not have to work the next day after poker. This meant I didn’t feel guilty about staying up until 3am (after getting home at 1am) to watch the LOST finale. :-D Good times.

I had Liz (other Liz) stay at my apartment, as well as Dana, Dan and Kathy (for at least some of the time). Liz got into Boston first, on Thursday night, so she and I just hung out on Friday. I took her to Dave’s Fresh Pasta, and her delight with the place made me realize how lucky I am to live so close to a shop like this, so I will need to start taking more advantage of that.

After Dana and Kathy got to my apartment, we headed to Fenway for the Red Sox game. My Boston sports curse has been broken, because the Red Sox won! That was also the first time I got to see Will since his arrival. It was really great to see him – it really had been awhile. We went to Sally O’Brien’s after the game (making Herb pick us up in Central Square), where Dan, Susan, Ryan and Cat were waiting for us (and Elenka and her friend Kelly were also), and then my guests went back to my apartment and eventually went to bed.

Saturday was the Sam Adams Brewery Tour, which I highly recommend to anyone either living in/around Boston, or visiting the area. The tour was informative, the tour guide entertaining, and the beer tasty. We got to taste Boston Lager, Summer Ale and this Finnish Saiti, which was infused with juniper berries (gin, anyone?). I highly enjoyed the Saiti, and it’s unfortunate that they don’t make it outside of the research brewery. After the brewery was Herb’s barbeque. I don’t remember the last time I saw that much meat. There were also a good number of people, that I knew from many different places, including frat people I hadn’t seen in awhile, people from poker/Sally’s, Herb’s coworkers and my roommate. It was nice knowing so many people at the party (for the first several hours there wasn’t anyone there that I hadn’t met at least once, and I think there were only a handful of people all night that I didn’t know at all), but since I’m not much of a people person, I grew tired (and dehydrated) fairly early. I did get enough of a second wind to enjoy the rest of the party, though.

Sunday, while some of the visitors went on the Duck Tour, I took in the Museum of Science with Will, Corinne and Demetri. Afterwards, we saw X-Men III (pretty good, though since I liked Jean’s character so much in the first two movies, it was disappointing to see evil Jean in this one – total character assassination), said goodbye to Will, walked through Boston Common and the Public Garden, strolled down Newbury Street (though it seemed not everyone understood what the point was), and then headed to the North End for dinner. We ate at Limoncella, which was all right – not the best of the North End, but certainly not the worst. There was some Apples to Apples and Would You Rather (bastardized version that just involved reading off the cards, asking people the questions) at Susan’s, and then back to the apartment.

Monday morning both Dan and Liz had to leave, but Dana stayed until this morning, since she’s on a project in Westborough and her hotel reservation didn’t start until today. Despite the exhaustion, hanging out with Dana was definitely one of the highlights, because it had been so long since I’d seen her and I’d forgotten how much fun it is to hang out with her. We watched a lot of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA marathon), got pasta from Dave’s Fresh Pasta, and later ordered Chinese food from Changsho. We also talked about knitting and cross-stitching, as well as some amount of regular catching up and chatting. (Chris, sorry about the birthday thing, but it was a funny story!).

There was a little bit of unpleasantness during the weekend, but it’s really not worth going into. That, and the nightmares (tornadoes, fights with friends that gave me those almost anxiety attacks I used to get, etc…), which are also not worth going into. But all in all, a really good weekend.

Posted by Picasa

- Lizzardie, at 10:38 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com