Words of Lizzardie




Monday, April 10, 2006

When I left work on Friday, I had the following plans for the weekend: eat, sleep, knit, work, walk, grocery shopping, cook, clean (not in that order, really, at all, because of course there is knitting and cooking/eating and sleeping mixed in with all of the not-fun activities - so really it was more eat, watch tv, knit, watch tv, sleep, knit, watch tv, work, knit, work, eat, watch tv, knit, clean, etc...). I did eat, and do a little bit of cooking, and there was of course lots of knitting and watching tv (and some sleeping but not nearly enough), but that's where the resemblance to my plan ends.

Friday night started out with knitting and watching tv. I decided that I had no energy to cook, so I just wouldn't eat dinner Friday night. So ambitious after a week at work, I tell you. However, when Herb called me at 7:30 to see if I had eaten and wanted to join him and his coworkers (Elenka and Russ), OF COURSE I was up for that (because I seem to be managing April by doing a lot of work followed by a lot of drinking). There was food, of course, but also lots of alcohol - I count 2 gin & tonics, one Washington Apple shot (no idea what's in that), one Pangalactic Gargleblaster (which was most neon green pint of alcohol), one vodka & tonic, one beer and some scotch - but at least it was over a period of about 5-6 hours (no wine! see, I'm not totally one-dimensional!). It was a nice night out, even if it meant Saturday was spent hungover (duh).

So Saturday, mid-afternoon (when I determined that I was ready to move on from the hangover), I reallocated the rest of the weekend. I was going to go for a walk and then cook dinner and then do some work while watching Law & Order reruns. No problem.... until Susan called. Would I like some cake? OF COURSE I'd like some cake! I don't need to get anything done Saturday night, I'll just do it all on Sunday, like I normally do! I went over to Susan's for cake, where we were also joined by Kim and Jeff and Kristen, making the cake an impromptu birthday cake for Kristen (whose birthday was the day before). The cake was yummy (and the only thing I had to eat all day except crackers, a lot of which were consumed at Susan's), and I also got to hear tales of Jeff's hungover roommates and fill in whatever blanks I could, which was highly amusing ("Herb lost Russ", "I don't know how a bowl of mini-wheats, milk and alcohol got into the freezer", "we did not drink ALL of the alcohol in the bar", etc...).

While I was at Susan's, I found out about plans for lunch the next day (which I have still mysteriously not received the email about). OF COURSE I'll go to lunch. What? It's in NATICK? So I guess it's an adventure (because I didn't really need to get ANYTHING done all weekend). I drove Susan, Kim and Kim's brother Nathan to the restaurant in Natick, Minado, where we enjoyed a nice Japanese buffet. Of course, I couldn't find my way back to the highway, and didn't want turn around, so I decided we'd take the "scenic" route back ("this road goes to Wellesley! I can get us back from there!"), resulting in the trip home being an hour, instead of half an hour... oops. :-) I got home at around 4:30pm on Sunday, which is when I was able to start doing all of the things I meant to all weekend.

So what did I do first? Knit and watch tv! Hehehehe... eventually I got some real work done and cooked dinner and did the dishes. My apartment still looks like a tornado went through it, though, and I'm going to have no clean clothes soon. But no matter, because I had a fun weekend. :-)

On another note, I realize I've been lacking in the visual post department as of late. With the nicer weather, I'm hoping to have some free time (eventually) to go out and take some pretty pictures around Somerville, Cambridge and Boston. Along those same lines, I'm hoping to go through my photographs and find some that I've already taken, so you will not be without something visual for too much longer!

- Lizzardie, at 3:21 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com