Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I was going to post a picture of my new spindle, but I don't seem to have my camera cord. Maybe I will turn it into a 2-parter, with one picture of the spindle and raw wool, and another of my first attempts at making yarn (which are pitiful).

If you think the new knitting/yarn thing is crazy, listen to this: Susan and Kristen work part-time at this craft store called Spark. They sell yarn and paper and beads and all sorts of tools, as well as offer lots of classes. They have several knitters, but none of them really have a desire to knit samples for the store. SO... Susan talked to me about it, and then mentioned it to Amy, the owner of the store - and we're in the very beginning planning stages of having me knit samples in exchange for store credit. Nothing is set in stone - I just emailed Amy for the first time - but it's kind of exciting that my knitting could possibly support the hobby. :-)

Nothing else really to report - work has been.... going, I guess, the way it normally does. As a follow-up to the Good Friday post, I will tell you that I did succeed in not eating meat (other than seafood) all day, but it wasn't easy - after some candlepin bowling with Corinne and her roommate and her roommate's friends, we went to Red Bones. The desire to get some pulled pork or beef brisket was high (Corinne's beef brisket actually looked amazing, I need to try that), but I fought temptation and ordered grilled shrimp and scallops with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli (and corn fritters, can't forget the corn fritters). I need some red meat soon, though!

- Lizzardie, at 10:28 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com