Words of Lizzardie




Friday, April 14, 2006

Hello, friends. It's been a long week. Between work stress, insomnia stress and life stress, I haven't really been up for talking with, well, anyone. And I know some of this I'm making up in my head, but that's what I do. Today has been a little better. So Happy Good Friday!

I don't talk with people about religion all that often - I find it's a little bit of a touchy subject with most people, though I do have a good curiosity about what other believe and why they believe the way they do. But that does not mean I'm not religious. Of course, I'm not SUPER religious - I don't go to church every Sunday, and I don't agree with every teaching of the Christian faith, but I do consider myself to be a Lutheran Christian. I love going to church on Christmas Eve, because I love the service and I love my Pastor back home. And I try to go to church on Easter Sunday, even though there have been a few I've missed, of course. I am planning on going thi Sunday, even though I did not like the service when I went last year. But I still want to go.

Other than those two services, the only other commitment I make is to not eat meat on Good Friday (fish is okay). Now, in theory, this is not much of a sacrifice. There are plenty of days throughout the year when I don't eat meat - and I love seafood. Plus, it's only ONE day. There are plenty of people who give up meat on Fridays during Lent, or all year-round. Plus plenty of people give up SOMETHING for all of Lent, which I have never done. And let's not get started on other religions. But it's funny how hard this is. All of a sudden, on this one day of the year, because I can't have something, I WANT it like you wouldn't believe. Both of the coworkers I sit with got sandwhiches today with lots of beef on them - they looked SO GOOD. And I guess my food was good - earlier in the week, I bought the fixings for yummy veggie pitas, complete with red onions, tomatoes, red bell peppers, cucumbers, sprouts, avocado, tofu and balsamic vinaigrette (this time not of my own making, though I usually do that nowadays) on a whole wheat pita. But... STEAK. So I think I'm going to have to have some delicious meat this weekend. And of course spend the rest of the day thinking about sacrifice, and what it means to give something up, because I guess that's what the point of this exercise is, in the first place.

Happy Easter!

- Lizzardie, at 3:14 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com