Words of Lizzardie




Monday, April 03, 2006

Happy April! I was expecting today to be pretty busy, but of course right at the beginning of the quarter, it takes awhile for things to pick up. I should be in full working mode by the end of the week, though (if I'm not, it's really going to screw up the rest of the month for me, that's for sure).

I barely left the apartment this weekend, which I suppose could be seen as somewhat tragic. I did go for a walk yesterday and Saturday (before the rain), which was nice - Saturday early afternoon (because I was not up in the morning) really was nice and sunny and warm. Saturday was also the day of a cooking DISASTER - what did I say about them last week? Thanks to not paying attention to the cooking (I don't have to check on it when it says simmer covered for 1.5 - 2 hours, right?), I will now be eating slightly charred black bean soup (it's like I made it on a camp fire!) with brown rice that, for once, actually came out right (I'm only allowed to screw up one part of the meal, it seems). YUM.

Yesterday I also ventured out to the yarn store (LYS in knitting-speak), Woolcott & Company, in Harvard Square. Wish I had more money to spend in there, because there are a lot of yarns that I would love to try (but what would I make, more scarves?). They're also really nice, which I'd heard, but hadn't really experience, due to the fact that I'm just not friendly. One of the women there asked what I was going to make with the yarn I had in my hand, and when I told her that I was going to make an iPod cozy and I'd heard the yarn I had was good for them (Cascade Fixation, if anyone cares), she wholeheartedly agreed and even had a suggestion on how to add a cozy to gloves for when it's cold outside. I also heard the people in there talking about a blog I'm familiar with related to knitting - it made me feel like I could have jumped into the conversation, if, you know, I liked people. *sigh*

Speaking of knitting, there was knitting on Grey's Anatomy last night! Okay, okay - as Dan said, while it elevated my hobby somewhat, I'm sure, it also implied knitting is a substitute for men. So that's bad. But it provided a GREAT scene at the end, and for that I'm thankful. :-)

There's been an email in my inbox for the past several weeks, from the PSP Alumni Chair. Most of the information they're looking for is simple enough, but one of the questions - Favorite PSP Memory - so I skipped over it and pretty much forgot about the email. I was reminded of it, though, last week, when someone else was also clearly trying to respond to this email, and I've been thinking about it ever since. What is my favorite PSP memory? I really don't know. I absolutely loved my time in PSP, and my closest friends come from there. I'm still involved and helping out, in some ways. Since it has meant so much to me, it's hard to pick out a favorite memory - there were so many good times. On the flip side, a lot of my time the last couple of years at Cornell were spent with so much internal anguish - there were so many events that I went to where I was miserable, but not because I didn't love being with those people or trying new things - that overshadows a lot of events. I keep coming back to that first National Convention in St. Louis - if I could pinpoint one event that truly inspired me, leading to my eventual leadership role in the Chapter, it would be that. But I'm still not sure if that's my favorite memory.

All of this memory searching resulted in me going through a lot of old photographs - I considered choosing one to post, but decided against it. A lot of them brought a smile to my face. Again, though, the darker side has emerged in the past few days, because yesterday when cleaning out my car (it really needed it - still needs to be vacuumed/wiped down), I came across 2 photographs. I'm not sure why they were in my car - certainly not ones I would choose to put in my car (and photos are not things I keep in my car anyway), but I think someone must have given them to me at some point. Each photograph had three people pictured - me, a dear friend, and a person from a broken friendship - all 4 different. Those two broken friendships haunt me sometimes, probably because I just don't have that many of them. I know it has to happen to all of us, because no one is perfect and not everyone is meant to be friends forever, but they both involved such unfortunate circumstances (in which we all share the blame). I guess it's a lesson about friendship, and remembering how to treat people - with honesty, sincerity and humility. Probably other things, too.

- Lizzardie, at 4:24 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com