Words of Lizzardie




Monday, March 06, 2006


This is my new toy. :-) It finally arrived a few weeks ago, making it the latest I've ever received a Christmas present from my parents (unless you count the Borders gift card I lost within a day last year and my mom gave back to me when I was home a week ago - she had forgotten at Thanksgiving and I guess she shudders at the thought of mail).

As you can tell, I'm running low on wine. I have four more bottles on the other wine rack, but STILL. NOT ACCEPTABLE. :-P

It was a pretty quiet weekend. Despite the opportunity for plans, I spent all day Saturday literally doing nothing (except TV and knitting, which don't count). Sunday I had odds and ends to take care, and pretty much got through what I wanted.

I did manage to knit a sock this weekend, which turned out pretty good. I like sock knitting. Now that I've done it once, I see that I don't really need a pattern, just some match and a general algorithm, and there's lots I can do! This is exciting to me.

What is not exciting is the amount of pain I'm in because of the knitting. My right hand is killing me, which is unfortunate, since I'm right-handed. Jar opening, doors, typing is much more difficult than it used to be. Saturday night I kept waking up because I was in so much pain. I think I need to make an appointment with the doctor, and I've read that seeing a chiropractor or an accupucturist can help these sorts of aches and pains. In the meantime, I'm making it my goal to not knit this week (meaning Monday thru Friday). I figure this shouldn't be too hard of a task, since I have plans tonight (dinner at 33 Restaurant & Lounge for Restaurant Week), Wednesday (poker) and Friday (dinner at Terramia, again for Restaurant Week). I think I can find enough things to occupy my time tomorrow and Thursday evenings.

Posted by Picasa


- Lizzardie, at 12:11 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com