Words of Lizzardie




Monday, March 20, 2006

Things that will prevent me from posting my review (so far) of the RAZR:
  • I left my purse (not just my phone, my whole purse) at home today. I am dumb.
  • Picasa hates me, and doesn't want to post a picture.
  • I don't have a picture of the RAZR already, though I suppose I could steal one from the internet (but wouldn't it be better if I posted one of me, possibly beaming, with my brand new pretty phone?).

Anyway. (Why is that extra line in there? Ugh.) I guess instead I will talk about the wonderful weekend I had.

Friday was St. Patrick's Day. We were promised lunch at work if we wore green, but of course that was an empty promise (supposedly we'll do something this week - RIGHT). I did wear green, though. :-) Friday night, there was an odd sequence of events that led to what I ended up doing. On Wednesday, Herb said that he would probably go to Sally O'Brien's (the bar where there is poker on Wednesdays, where we were when he actually said that), but I had no interest in possibly meeting him at a bar that he might be at. Thursday I got an email from Patrick, who wanted to do something, so I figured that could be fun, particularly if there were a whole bunch of people involved. Friday, Patrick called to say that no one had any interest in coming to Cambridge/Somerville from Salem, would I like to join them up there? Fine - I went home and got dolled up (green eye makeup!). Right before I was ready to leave, I heard from Patrick AGAIN, saying no one really wanted to do anything. But Patrick would come down to Somerville - so the night is not a lost cause. We decide that we'll go to The Burren in Davis Square.

We get down to Davis Square, and I hit the ATM, which I discovered was possessed by some other force. The screen was very messed up and unreadable, so my attempt at taking $20 out resulted in a $60 withdrawal (and yes, that is reflected on my account, no free money there). Across the street at The Burren, we are greeted with a nice long line (and it's nice and cold out). Half an hour later, and maybe halfway up the line, we're close enough to see that there is a $20 cover. Utterly. Insane. We decide we're not paying that, and we'll instead go back to my apartment and drink Jameson. Somewhat of a failed attempt at celebrating St. Patrick's Day, but whatever - most of my attempts to go out are failures.

Patrick stuck around for about an hour and a half. Right when he was thinking about leaving, I got a phone call from Herb, who was not quite decipherable, but I did manage to get out of the conversation that he'd be at Sally O'Brien's in about half an hour. After Patrick left, I decided it couldn't hurt to head up there. I found parking rather easily, and headed to the bar (first time I've ever been carded at the door there, and probably only the second time I've been carded at all, but then again, I only go on Wednesday nights). I order myself a Guinness, say hi to the bartenders I know, and manage to find myself a stool so that I can sit and enjoy the music. Somewhat sketchy guy tries to ask me to dance, but thankfully the music stops then (I didn't realize that he was THAT sketchy until much later in the night, but it made me glad that he left me alone). A few minutes later Herb walked in with 5 of his coworkers.

I'd have to say that it was at that point, right around midnight, that the night really began and I had a lot of fun. There was drinking and a little dancing and general hanging out, both with Herb and his coworkers (who were a lot of fun and very nice, which I'd come to expect from both Herb and Jamie's stories), as well as some of the regulars at the bar. I had been a little unsure if I should try going out for a second time that night, but I'm glad I did.

There were a few missteps of course, but I think all and all it was a good time. They were: leaving my car in Union Square until the next afternoon, because I didn't realize what was going on (this is what happens when you follow drunk people), resulting in a $20 meter violation ticket; ditching 2 of Herb's coworkers in Union Square without giving them any sense of how to get back to their cars (which were parked in front of Herb's apartment) - that was not my doing, but I feel a little bad about not trying to fix it, even though I barely knew them; and mixing whiskey, beer and wine all in one night, resulting in an unpleasant hangover on Saturday, even though I barely felt even tipsy all night.

And yet what did I do Saturday night? I went over to Susan's, to drink some more! Patrick came down from Salem for the second night in a row, and Kim came over as well. There was a shot of Bailey's and Jameson, which was okay, but the real joy was Bailey's and milk, with freshly whipped cream, as well as strawberries to eat with the whipped cream. YUM. I don't think my stomach or my liver were very happy about that, but the rest of me was. Ohh, and 10 hours of sleep Saturday night was one of the better sleeps I've had in a long time.

And Sunday I was productive! I did 3 loads of laundry, did this week's grocery shopping, made dinner (homemade macaroni and cheese - which is much healthier than it sounds - and pork tenderloin with the delicious berry and onion sauce that I love), did all of the dishes and even cleaned up the counters a little. Plus there was knitting and all of my Sunday TV shows and all withing the 12 1/2 hours I was awake yesterday.

So yeah, great weekend. :-) It was nice to be out Friday and Saturday nights, and be able to waste Saturday, since there just wasn't that much on my plate to get done during the weekend. I'm still tired - didn't sleep as well last night as the night before, ohh well - but then again, I'm always tired.

I wish I'd taken pictures.

Tomorrow, I will do my very best to get to the review of my new phone. :-)

- Lizzardie, at 1:31 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com