Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The picture in the top right corner is your picture for today. It's sorta cheating because I put it up there last night (while watching Monday's 24 - I feel restless now when watching TV and NOT eating or knitting), but I don't care. I also feel a little vain for putting it up there. And I also don't care.

Anyhow, the picture comes from a couple weeks ago (you may have noticed a theme over the last few days - yes, I am playing catchup still) when I had my hair highlighted and cut. My wonderful stylist, Nicole, not only did an amazing job on the cut and color, but she also made my hair look utterly fabulous when straight. Seriously, no-time-on-my-hair-ever me thought about straightening it everyday. That of course will never happen, but I do now enjoy the look, so I bought a brush and I'm straightening it more often than never (like once a week). Like today! It's kinda nice to have different styles, and I think straighter hair (and makeup, which is pretty much a must with the straight hair) make me look a little more mature (which is something you worry about when you're 24? or not).

The day of the picture was one of those days where just looking great made me feel great. I wanted to go out and have a good time and meet someone and in general have my life be changed. I did go out (with Susan, Kim and Bryan to watch the Harvard-Cornell hockey game in a bar) and we did briefly talk to new people, but I didn't exactly meet someone and my life wasn't changed, though I did have a good time (we bought Apples to Apples afterward and played that while drinking wine). I guess if I want a life-altering experience, I'm going to have to try a little harder.

Today I "worked from home" while waiting for the RCN guy to come. I now have a DVR cable box! Ohh, and the RCN guy thinks I'm crazy, but really it's my TV (who would suspect that you would have to wiggle the cable in the back of the TV even though the cable box isn't even CONNECTED through said cable? not that guy or anyone else, that's for sure). I also spent an hour in line at the Somerville Traffic and Parking Office. Turns out that middle of the month, middle of the day is not the ideal time to go, as I might have though - ohh well. The woman behind me talked/complained the whole time. I did find out that she lives on the next street over from me (Ossipee) and owns the condo that's for sale down the street from me. I actually really like that house, and even though I've never seen the inside of it, I've thought many times when I've passed it (it's been on the market pretty much since I moved in) that if I had any money to buy a condo, I might consider that one. Maybe it'll never sell and then be really cheap and I can buy it years from now when I actually do have money! Wheee!

- Lizzardie, at 1:57 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com