Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, March 28, 2006

No picture today. Probably a knitting picture tomorrow (I finished a project this weekend and will most likely finish another tonight, then it's on to the sweater, really!). It's a little difficult to write something everyday, I've found, particuarly during the week. My life just isn't that interesting. For example, here is what I've done since I posted yesterday: work (actual work yesterday), go home, eat the snack I would have eaten at 4:30 if my schedule wasn't out of whack, go for a walk, watch Prison Break (can't wait until next week), watch 24 (can't wait until next week), knit during those shows, knit for awhile afterwards, work on the report I needed to have done for today, take knitting breaks, work some more until about 12:30, go to bed, lie awake for an hour, finally get to sleep, get up, waste 45 minutes on the computer, get ready for work, go into work, eat breakfast/make tea, finish report, eat lunch, sit here pretending to do work (mostly). I have, on the bright side, been eating the most amazing salads the past couple of days - they are just bags of spring salad mix (you know what I'm talking about) that I've added canned mandarin oranges, dried cranberries and mixed salted nuts to, along with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette (yes, I'm crazy and make my own salad dressings). Last night and for lunch I added grated parmegiano reggiano, because I have it and it's delicious and expensive and it shall not go to waste. Anyhow, you don't want to hear this stuff every day, so I try and leave it out.

I have, during the last two days, discovered a wonderful knitting podcast. Now, you must think I'm crazy and I almost think that, too. I tried podcasts once before - I thought maybe I could listen to news during work, which would be great. But if you know me, then you know that my ability to absorb information through listening is severely limited. Also, most podcasts (at least in the beginning) are generally of low sound quality, and, well, low quality in general. Since I have limited experience, I can't say they are all like that, but up until yesterday, that was my experience.

But through one of the "knitting" blogs I read (and I use that term a little loosely, because these people tend to talk about other things, too), Go Knit in Your Hat (learned about her due to a fabulous set of posts she made on cost and value of yarn), I heard about Cast On. The podcasts are about an hour long, and have several different components - some of it is chitchat, but there are also essays (read aloud, of course) and music selections and a regular piece about "this week's sweater." I listened to the most recent one yesterday, and then chose a random one today, and I have to say, it was a really enjoyable way to spend an hour (while working of course). The site, where you can download episodes or subscribe through iTunes, even lists some notes about each episode, as well as the songs featured in the episode. This is GREAT for me, who would otherwise have to listen 4-5 times in order to actually remember what was said. Instead, I can be like, ohh, I remember something about this site they talked about, and go and look to see if there's a link. I know most of you (none of you?) knit, and that you patiently endure my posts about this new obsession hobby of mine. But this has made me reconsider podcasts. I don't expect you to go out and listen to it regularly, or at all, but maybe, if you haven't discovered a podcast you love, it might encourage you to go out and find one that fits your needs/interests. I bet there's something out there. :-)

- Lizzardie, at 4:07 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com