Words of Lizzardie




Monday, March 27, 2006


I had a reason for taking a picture of my stuffed lizard on my duvet cover, really. Okay, it wasn't a great reason, but I did find a need for a digital picture of a lizard with some red in it this weekend. A google image search did not produce anything useful, so I was forced to make something myself.

I woke up at 10am this morning. Yes, that is late, even for me, for a Monday morning. Last night, before going to bed, I set my alarm for 7:30am, which was good. Of course, I forgot to actually turn on the alarm, which was bad. Combine that with my friend insomnia (I woke up around 4am, after going to bed around 12am, and didn't get back to sleep until almost 6am) and you get 10am. Ugh.

For a long while, sleeping until 10am would be unheard of for me (I know what some of you are thinking - since when? - since I left school and started working, of course). Even if I go to bed late on the weekend (we're talking 1 or 2 here), I'd wake up no later than 9am. But the last 2 weekends have seen 4/4:30am Fridays, and that does not help the sleep cycle. This Friday I was at Herb's for a poker tournament, which was a lot of fun. It was mostly people from the Wednesday night poker fun at Sally O'Brien's - it was a little strange to see them on a different night and in bright light (it's dim in the bar, of course)! It was the first time I played for money in a long time, and I wound up breaking even - I didn't do well in the tournament, which was a $10 buy-in, but I did win $10 in the more informal play later on. And by the time I drove Elenka, Herb's coworker (who is very nice and it's been great to meet her and hang out with her the past two Fridays - ironically, she is the permanent replacement of my roommate, Jamie, who left that company for a new job in November!), home and got home myself, it was 4am. This time, though, I took some Excedrin PM, which I find is great after a night of drinking, and I got 8 hours of sleep. There's not that much of a hangover when I do that, so Saturday was not a wasted day, like last Saturday. Though of course I did the same things - watching TV, knitting (the same scarf, in fact, which I finished yesterday morning) - but at least I wasn't in agony.

Perhaps this weekend I will be good and not stay up until 4am. But you all know me and know that I miss those days, so you never know. :-)

Posted by Picasa


- Lizzardie, at 12:41 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com