Words of Lizzardie




Friday, March 03, 2006



I had previously written about wanting to knit Clapotis, and almost two weeks ago, I actually finished! Details, if anyone cares:

Pattern: Clapotis from Knitty.com
Needles: US 8 (I used both straight needles and circular ones, but that's preference - I find circs to be easier to use for larger things)
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden #088 (discontinued, I got a great deal on Ebay), a little more than 7 balls
Size: It's about 21" x 60"

Last night was Stitch 'n Bitch, at my apartment. Small group this time -just me, Susan and Kim. I made guacamole, though, and it came out much better than when Tricia and I tried to make it last week. I also made a garlic olive oil dipping sauce for French bread - lots of chopped up garlic, fresh basil, salt and pepper, and of course plenty of olive oil. My parents make this a lot, particularly when they're cooking for other people, and we always descend like hawks. I have some left, and I'm looking forward to eating it tonight since it's had so much time to sit and get flavor. Yum.

A few links, to brighten up your Friday (definitely made my better, particularly since I still have the cold that will not go away):

Wine lovers can now take home unfinished bottles from restaurants It rarely happens that I go to a restaurant and fail to finish a bottle of wine. But it's good to know that I could take it home if I wanted to. :-D

You Knit What?? This was sent to me by Kathy last night, and it's pretty amusing. Sounds like these people are writing from Chicago and while I don't agree with all of their choices, most of them are dead on. I love the internet knitting community. :-)

Posted by Picasa

- Lizzardie, at 10:28 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com