Words of Lizzardie




Friday, March 31, 2006


Bryan and Susan show us a shoe. I don't remember why - this was many weeks ago.

It's a rare Friday post for me. While I do try and post every day on Monday through Thursday, usually I just don't post anything on Fridays - I guess I'm too busy looking forward to the weekend. And since I know I missed at least one day this week (was it more than that?), I thought I might as well say a few words.

I've been feeling rather down the past couple of days - I think it started on Wednesday, for no particular reason, really - general dissatisfaction with my life, my job, my time, etc... - and really, NOTHING happened to make me feel that way. It was a fairly normal day at work - good, even, as a project came in from one of my clients - followed by dinner at home and then poker, just like every Wednesday, where I finished 3rd - a respectable showing for 17 people. Afterwards, I went home and watched LOST... and then cried myself to sleep because I was so upset over I have no idea what. And then yesterday I just felt awful. Work was no fun (although, again, uneventful), and when I got home, I thought the usual Thursday evening walk would help, which it did, but only momentarily. While I was making dinner, my roommate, whom I haven't had a fight with in many months, chose then to start an argument over something as innocuous as the cable bill (it's like she KNOWS that I'm upset and chooses to make even more so, sometimes). So I cried through The O.C., of all shows to cry through.

But then things got better. I went out for a few drinks with a friend, and had a nice conversation, and while I was driving home, I no longer felt upset. I just felt TIRED (which is to be expected, I think, on a Thursday night at almost 1:30am). And to that I thought, this is a nice feeling - to be going home and just wanting to go to sleep, because that's all I can think about and I no longer have this weight of despair on my shoulders that's been plaguing me for more than a day. It's been a few months since I've had a bad day, so I guess I had forgotten how good it can feel once everything is right again in your world.

Anyhow, I'm fine now, other than being entirely exhausted (which is, again, to be expected since I went out the past two nights). I just wanted to share.

Posted by Picasa

- Lizzardie, at 1:22 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com