Words of Lizzardie




Friday, February 03, 2006


Susan and Dan demonstrate just how tiny Kim's kitchen whole apartment is.

All right, this will be the last full update from last weekend. One of the bad things about telling your stories via one photograph a day is that, um, you can only tell your stories one photograph at a time and therefore one story at a time. No, that did not make any sense at all.

Anyhow, we got a late start on Saturday, but eventually made our way to the Museum of Fine Arts. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but it was the weekend week of deja vu. First I stayed home on Monday (which I did last year on the same Monday of the year) due to the snow. Then I wasn't feeling well (and I was sick last year). Then it snowed again on Wednesday (which, yes, happened last year). Then I had people telling me about the Wine Expo (which happened last year) and made me sad (but ha! I defied fate this year!). Then Dan came into town (same weekend as... all right, you get it). Anyhow, during Dan's visit last year we went to the MFA on Saturday, so I guess it's only appropriate that we went this year. I actually did not enjoy the visit as much this year. This was probably at least partly due to my love of Impressionism and the absence of one of my favorite Monets (Boulevard Saint-Denis, Argenteuil, in Winter). I also did not particularly enjoy the exhibit that made me want to go in the first place, Degas to Picasso: Modern Masters. The ticket is good for another visit, though, so I"ll probably go again this weekend (maybe on Sunday, before the Super Bowl, like I did last year!) to see some other exhibits. And to look at a NEW Impressionist painting that struck me (I think it was a Van Gogh, I'll have to report back).

The other bad thing about the museum was that it gave me a migraine. I think I just don't enjoy going to museums with other people - I like to take my time where I want and breeze through other areas, and not have to balance with others (no offense to Dan, Susan or Kathy). And it was SO HOT in there that I was ready to leave quite quickly.

After the museum we stopped by Susan's and then went to my place to get drugs and hang out before we headed to Kim's. I ended up having to lie down for about 45 minutes (and wouldn't let anyone turn on any lights while I was there) so I hope everyone understands that I really just wasn't feeling well. I was okay by the time we got to Kim's, though.

And how glad I am about that! Kim is a coworker of Susan's, who I have hung out with before. The sushi was amazing - she had great stuff, like shrimp and imitation crab and raw tuna and cucumbers and avocado - yummm. I never even went near the manicotti, though I hear that was good, too. I brought a bottle of Chianti (surprise, surprise), and we played more Apples to Apples (I love that game - I need to buy that game so that there can be even more Apples to Apples). It was nice to meet Susan's coworker, Gina, too, and her husband, Jay. They both were Cornell engineers (like Dan and Susan and Kim and myself! - Jeff and Kristen were the only non-Cornellians there, and Kathy and Kristen were the only non-engineers there). Thought opinionated, she was really nice. Afterward, Kathy had to go home, but Susan and Dan came back to my place and we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - another favorite of mine (LOVE Johnny Depp).

So that was the weekend (in three posts). There are more pictures, some of which I'm sure I'll eventually get around to posting. All in all, a good time - I'm glad Dan visited and he should visit more often (hint, hint) - or at least when it's warmer outside!

 Posted by Picasa

- Lizzardie, at 12:13 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com