Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, February 16, 2006

No picture to post today. I'll try and take new pictures this weekend, promise. :-)

I've been rather out of it lately. I've felt like I'm dragging all week - just really lethargic. I can't bring myself to go to bed at night, even though I'm not doing anything. And I can't bring myself to get going in the morning, even though I'm not doing anything. Which, uhh, makes the rest of the day difficult as well. I'm hoping to switch things up tonight. Make dinner (simple omelet), clean up (not too bad because I actually did dishes Tuesday), talk a walk, watch some TV/knit (this is every night), take a shower, go to bed. It's so nice out - I wanted to go for a walk yesterday but there was poker, so I didn't (poker, btw, was difficult, too - I was doing reasonably well - tied for third/came in fourth, depending on how you look at it - but I just wasn't into it - it was really stressful to try and play well). I wonder if maybe exercising again would help with the fatigue, but the weather is so fickle this time of year, and usually not in a good way.

I have managed to beef up my music collection recently, which has been fun. In addition to the new music from my coworker (which is sorta what brought on the desire for more music) I recently purchased some Weezer, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, The White Stripes, The Bravery, Ben Harper and Fiona Apple. It's all loaded onto my iPod now and I even figured out how to make an On-the-Go playlist (just had never bothered to learn how before). Ohh, and I bought Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy yesterday ($17 at Best Buy - I couldn't resist even though I hate Best Buy). So I'll probably watch, well, all of that this weekend.

Hopefully I will do other stuff, though, too. Harvard at Cornell hockey game this weekend and it's being shown on TV, so there's a possibility of going to a Cornell Young Alumni thing to see it. And I'm getting my hair done (it's been 3 months and I have serious roots).

I have also been obsessed with the idea of making a sweater lately. I've found a great pattern, and I think I'm going to use Wool-Ease to make it the first time (because it's inexpensive but also wearable). However, I promised myself that I'd finish my current projects before I started something new (also promised myself that I'd use the yarn I have before I buy new yarn, but whatever - scarves are getting dull and I need something to shake things up a bit). I'm entirely done with one of the four, in the process of felting the second, and more than halfway done with the third. The fourth is just a garter stitch scarf, so I figure once I finish the third I'm golden, and hopefully that will also be this weekend.

Can you tell I'm procrastinating doing actual work? Need to get back to that, so that I can actually have some things done by the end of the week (tomorrow, yikes!).

- Lizzardie, at 2:54 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com