Words of Lizzardie




Monday, February 13, 2006


I don't know what church this is. :-) It's visible from the MFA T-stop, and that's about as much as I know. It's also near Northeastern University. And I only know it's a church because of the cross at the top. I don't know why I took the picture, and it's fuzzy at that. I blame the migraine I had at the time of the shot, right before I got on the train. And I'm only posting it because I'm running out of pictures to post.

This weekend was the perfect weekend. And I did absolutely nothing! :-D It did get off to a bad start.... I had sorta put off getting gas for my car, until it turned out it was too late - I ran out of gas while driving home Friday night. Sigh. Luckily, it was near Teele Square, which in addition to being within walking distance of my apartment is within walking distance of a gas station. And I keep an empty gas can in my trunk (wonder why....). I did get home, though, and caught most of the Arrested Development finale. Then I watched Wedding Crashers with Jamie and one of her old coworkers. Saturday I had to buy groceries and actually fill up my car with gas, but otherwise, I prepared to bunker down for the big blizzard. I cleaned my room, watched Gilmore Girls with Jamie and cooked some food (and knit, but that's usually a given, even Friday night). Sunday, though, was actually the perfect day. I got up at noon, ate breakfast food for most of the day (coffee, omelet with ricotta, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses as well as grape tomatoes and roasted red peppers, Belgian waffles that Jamie made from scratch and mimosas), never got dressed, knit, watched Gilmore Girls, did a little bit of laundry and just enjoyed being inside while it snowed outside (18 inches in all, which is actually not that bad to me, but ranks 11th on the list of snowstorms in Boston - strange).

Other good things... my coworker Elly gave me an electronic copy of the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack (among other music). And, other than the second song which is weird and out of place, I absolutely love it. So Friday, Saturday and even last night, I ended my day by turning off the TV, listening to the soundtrack and knitting (Saturday night there was also wine, which made it even better). That is my idea of the perfect way to end a night. One of the things that I always loved about staying up so late was being up, by myself, when it's quiet and still. And while it was only for an hour, and it wasn't even that late, I felt like I had a little of that again. The CD isn't even that happy, more contemplative, but it's what I want, maybe need right now. Maybe that will become my bedtime ritual.

 Posted by Picasa


- Lizzardie, at 2:04 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com