Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy Imbolc/Candlemas/Groundhog Day!

So I have finally moved pictures onto my computer, yay. The above picture was taken outside of the Salem Witch Museum, clearly, in Salem, MA. Dan had never been, and I really hadn't either, other than for Patrick's Halloween party which doesn't really count because the only reason was that he happens to live in Salem. Dan and I both felt that the Witch Museum had a clear agenda of converting us to the Wicca religion. They almost achieved their goal, but I think Dan and I managed to hold out. For more information on the day, see Dan's Livejournal. Also, the museum made me appreciate more the Gilmore Girls episode with the diorama.

Dan seems to have left out all of the treats we bought at the little European deli - Lebkuchen, poppy seed bread, dark Polish chocolate bar, and these Polish truffles, which were filled with coffee and cream (literally, one half coffee and one half cream filling), coconut (white chocolate coating), rum, hazelnut (with actual hazelnuts) and something called Advokat (or Advocat, I don't remember). If anyone actually knows what Advocat is, please let me know.

After our trip to Salem, we went back to my apartment for Alias/Red Bones/Apples to Apples. We also told everyone that we were now Wiccan Witches. My roommate, in the brief time that she was home, responded by saying that she could no longer live with me and that she was going to go and get her Rosary. Ahh, Catholicism. :-)

That night there was also some fun looking up names on the U.S. Census Bureau Genealogy website (this fun had actually started at work the day before). "Jones" is the 4th most common last name (up from 5th most common the last time I checked), while "Elizabeth" is the 5th most common female first name. I'm sorta disappointed that Jones is now 4th, because the only thing it had going for it was the 5/5 thing. Incidentally, "William," my dad's first name, is the 5th most common male first name, and his middle name, "David," is 6th. Also, "Herstine" does not seem to exist, despite Dan's insistence that he filled out census papers. Sure, Dan, we believe you. :-)

Ohh, and I now want incense. I've never been drawn to it before, but now it seems really cool. We lit one of the sticks Dan got in his new Gargoyle incense burner. We put it in the dining room, and after awhile, it had filled the whole living room with scent, which is so much more affective than candles. I shall have to find some (which should not be difficult with the types of shops that are in the area).

 Posted by Picasa

- Lizzardie, at 11:05 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com