Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, February 08, 2006


Emilee's scarf. Her birthday was Monday and she's now 9 years old (yikes!). Since she called on Monday to thank me for the scarf, I can now post a picture of it (not that she's reading this, but I think it's a courtesy to not post pictures of presents, homemade or not, before they are given and received).

Pattern: Edgar from Knitty.
Needles: US 10.5 (Yes, this is different from the pattern)
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Blush Heather (1 skein) and N.Y. Yarns Spike in Lt. Pink 04 (2 skeins).

While the picture hasn't been posted yet (for reasons I'll state when I finally do post a picture), I've already made one of these, which is why I felt okay with modifying the pattern. It's a good pattern for that, given that it's a scarf, and I think it could be made with just about any yarn in just about any gauge. Even though I used needles 3 times larger than were called for, I didn't feel the scarf ended up too big. As you might be able to see, the Spike has this cool affect where it "stripes" between being eyelash yarn and being smooth. I didn't realize this until I actually started knitting with it, but I like the affect. The Wool-Ease was for some structure and warmth (9-year-olds don't exactly use scarves for impractical purposes).

Emilee said it was "cool" and that she was wearing it while I was talking to her, so I'm glad it was a good present. She doesn't like "soft" things like velour, so I was a little worried, but all for naught, I guess.

Anyhow, yesterday ended up being a not great day (as predicted). By mid-afternoon, I was having hot and cold flashes and well as fatigue, nauseau and generally achiness - I went home at 2. After falling asleep while watching Gilmore Girls, I felt much better, though not 100%. I did manage to sleep a good amount last night, too. Ohh, and what did I do once I woke up from my nap yesterday? I made homemade crutons. I don't why I do such strange things sometimes.

Today's excitement has consisted of my tea order arriving. I know I can just buy loose tea from Someday Cafe or from 1369 (if I was ever near there anymore) but I'm lazy and so I ordered online. On the plus side I got these nifty green air-tight canisters to store it in. I got Dragon Phoenix Pearl Jasmine, Jade Pillar Green and Vanilla Rooibos. For now, I'm keeping them at work, but I may put in an order to have a few canisters at home. My coworker thinks the Jade Pillars look like joints. Also, if the Vanilla Rooibos isn't as addicting as Someday's Rooibos, I'm just going to have to buy from there because that stuff is AMAZING.

All right, back to work.

 Posted by Picasa


- Lizzardie, at 12:08 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com